Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question on adding some speakers to lower fairing

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 08:53 AM
MIKEKIM
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default question on adding some speakers to lower fairing

So I installed my Rockford amp and my Hertz 6.5" speakers in my fairing and it is LOUD!!! but I was thinking about adding some speakers to my lower fairings. If I do, can I use the same amp to push all 4 speakers? or do I need to install another amp?

I currently have Rockford Fosgate PBR300x2 300W amp

Fairing speakers are Hertz ECX 165.5 motorcycle 6.5" 210W

What is your suggestion?

Old 10-22-2013, 09:00 AM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you like those speakers, get another set for the lowers and you can run them in parallel off the amp since they are a 4 ohm. If you want more power you can always install another pbr300x2 in your fairing for the second set, or go with a Soundstream 4.520 if you don't use the FM channels.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:25 PM
MIKEKIM
Cruiser

Ok, so let me know if I understand this correctly; running in parallel would mean I run the left side speakers together and the right side speakers together, or the upper fairing speakers together and the lower speakers together, correct?

I do like the sound of these speakers and I was thinking of purchasing another set to add to the lowers.

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
If you like those speakers, get another set for the lowers and you can run them in parallel off the amp since they are a 4 ohm. If you want more power you can always install another pbr300x2 in your fairing for the second set, or go with a Soundstream 4.520 if you don't use the FM channels.

Last edited by MIKEKIM; 10-22-2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: because I can't freakin' spell~!!!!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:57 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Mike. parallel simply means in your case you would take the 2 left speakers. tie your 2 positive wires together and tie that to the amp's left + output. Then take the 2 negative wires and tie them together and tie that to the amp's left - output.

then do the same thing on the right side.

and yes this will work perfectly fine for you with that PBR300x2. Probably sound purdy damned good IMO.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:00 PM
MIKEKIM
Cruiser

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Mike. parallel simply means in your case you would take the 2 left speakers. tie your 2 positive wires together and tie that to the amp's left + output. Then take the 2 negative wires and tie them together and tie that to the amp's left - output.

then do the same thing on the right side.

and yes this will work perfectly fine for you with that PBR300x2. Probably sound purdy damned good IMO.

Okay cool! I went ahead and ordered another set of those Hertz speakers and the speaker pods for my lowers. This bike is going to rock~!!!!

I LOVE these forums!!! y'all make me look like I know what the F I am doing with this stuff!!!! lol

Last edited by MIKEKIM; 10-22-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:02 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

your buddies will be envious.. let's just hope it stays warm enough for you to ride it a little while before winter sets in..

Old 10-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

Do yourself a favor and color match the pods before you install them. You will wish you did after if you don't. Looks much better.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:35 PM
speedracerx0509
Advanced

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
your buddies will be envious.. let's just hope it stays warm enough for you to ride it a little while before winter sets in..
I love it when you guys down south talk about "winter setting in". Means something completely different in MI.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:43 PM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AeroMike
Okay cool! I went ahead and ordered another set of those Hertz speakers and the speaker pods for my lowers. This bike is going to rock~!!!!

I LOVE these forums!!! y'all make me look like I know what the F I am doing with this stuff!!!! lol
If you really want to ROCK get a SS4.520 amp and a saddlebag lid speaker kit with 6x9 Pinoneer 2way speakers along with your lowers. Use the front channel for your fairing and lowers and the rear channel for the saddlebag speakers.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:53 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by speedracerx0509
I love it when you guys down south talk about "winter setting in". Means something completely different in MI.
yep.. we probably won't get to ride 2 days because of cold weather between now and end of march. LOL

BUT!

the summers SUCK!

Quick Reply: question on adding some speakers to lower fairing