Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketonics Amp / Speaker polarity

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Da Shadow
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biketonics Amp / Speaker polarity

How do you know if you have the left / right speakers hooked to left / right sides of amp? Biketronics includes low level transformer to convert high level speaker wire output to RCA input level. Where the wires go into this small amp there is no labeling and you cannot tell which pair of wires goes to which RCA cable. The RCA cables are white / black and red / black and the input on the audio amp is color coded the same so no issue there. All they say about speaker wire connection is that the green Harley wires indicate negative speaker polarity and the striped wires into the RCA convertor amp indicate negative speaker polarity and to respect polarity. However, nothing is said about left vs right except that since radio has no balance control it may not matter. But for me it does matter. The recorded music was intended to be a certain way and I would prefer it to be the way it was intended.

Currently the connections to the low/high level RCA transformer I have are clutch side HD grn/wht to bt gry/blk , HD wht/red to bt wht, on the brake side HD grn/blk to bt gry, and HD gry/red to bt wht/blk.

Thanks

Old 10-20-2013, 09:36 AM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With respect to RCAs. Red is right, white is left.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Da Shadow
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I really cannot tell if my left speaker is hooked up to the left and right to right because of the ambiguity of the wires going to the low level transformer. I have listened to song after song trying to determine if they are correct. I have listened so much now I am doubting whether or not I have the separation I used to have. There isn't anyway I can mess that up is there? I mean the speakers wouldn't work if I had negative speaker wires going to one speaker and positives to the other would they. The whole problem is the BT transformer that converts high level speaker input to a low level RCA signal.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:03 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

the RCA converter should have grey, grey/black and white, white/black wires on it.

white on converter to white orange on bike
white/black on converter to light green/white on bike
grey on converter to grey/red on bike
grey/black on converter to light green/black on bike