Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

finalyy did somewthing

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Moxy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finalyy did somewthing

so, I've been waffling around different sound systems for the bike for quite a while, come up with a bunch of possible solutions but, polk speakers have been failing, SS amps are ruining FM reception, so a member here sold me a Hog Tunes Big Ultra system, and its a start, so a few questions, do I poly wrap the speakers, can I run additional speaker off the amp bypass and if so, how would somebody set them up I would still like to have lowers and bag lids, what does the hk head unit actually put out. I s it enough to power speakers and make decent sound

Thanks in advance for any input or comments

Moxy

Old 10-21-2013, 09:47 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Moxy
so, I've been waffling around different sound systems for the bike for quite a while, come up with a bunch of possible solutions but, polk speakers have been failing, SS amps are ruining FM reception, so a member here sold me a Hog Tunes Big Ultra system, and its a start, so a few questions
kewl beans.. they're not bad systems and they're a hell of an upgrade to the stock stuff.

do I poly wrap the speakers
do you have to? no. is it suggested to make the speaker perform better? yes

can I run additional speaker off the amp bypass and if so, how would somebody set them up
not sure what you're referring to with "amp bypass" but you can run as many speakers on any amp that you want as long as the speakers are wired in the correct configuration. In your case, you'll want to maintain no lower than a 2 ohm load on each channel of this 4 channel amp.

I would still like to have lowers and bag lids, what does the hk head unit actually put out.
20w RMS.

Is it enough to power speakers and make decent sound
yes as long as you stick with 2 ohm speakers. Adding 4 ohm speakers to a stock head unit is a waste of time IMO.

so with all this said, in the future what you'll want to do in order to maintain the use of this amp is this;

find a good 4 ohm speaker for your fairing, your lowers, your rear pods, and your saddlebag lids. Then you'll want to wire you fairing speakers and lower speakers in parallel to the front channel of this amp and then wire your saddlebag lids and rear pods in parallel to the rear channel of this amp. This configuration will maintain the 2 ohm load necessary for this amp to run at it's rated power.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:10 AM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The amp bypass is for connecting another Hogtunes amp online with the first. You can't run speakers off of it as far as I know.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:44 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

ah.. like the hawg-wired amps I assume..