Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics 7.1 and Polyfil

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Da Shadow
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biketronics 7.1 and Polyfil

Bill at Biketronics tells me they have experimented with polyfil and the lower the quality speaker the more it improves their sound. Would you recommend using polyfil with the Biketronics speakers? Has anyone tried them with and without? I just installed the speakers and am about to do the amp so will be wrapping it up in a while. Don't want to open it back up again just to add polyfil. Thanks

Old 10-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Zooki1
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Shadow
Bill at Biketronics tells me they have experimented with polyfil and the lower the quality speaker the more it improves their sound. Would you recommend using polyfil with the Biketronics speakers? Has anyone tried them with and without? I just installed the speakers and am about to do the amp so will be wrapping it up in a while. Don't want to open it back up again just to add polyfil. Thanks
What did Bill recommend

Old 10-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

Polyfill isn't going to hurt, unless you use too much of it. UltraNutz would be the person that would know for sure because he's running two sets of them.

Old 10-19-2013, 05:02 PM
Da Shadow
Tourer

Bill said he didn't really have a preference. I have some of the thin polyfil batting from Walmart and I would prefer to use it. How many layers should I use?

Last edited by Da Shadow; 10-19-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 10-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Zooki1
Road Captain

Bill said he didn't really have a preference. I have some of the thin polyfil batting from Walmart and I would prefer to use it. How many layers should I use?
When I did mine, if I remember right Ultranutz had me cut 2ea 12x12 per side and I used the real thin stuff from wal mart also. I am very happy with mine. (that was why I asked what Bill had told ya)

Old 10-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Da Shadow
Tourer
Default It works, amp and speakers are great!

I'll do two layers of polyfil per side too if that worked for you. I don't have the fairing back on yet but they sound good. With the fairing off they are blowing a lot of air out the back of the speaker and really nothing out the front so I bet they are gonna sound really good once the fairing is back on. I still need to clean up the wires and decide if the amp all the way to the brake side of the radio is best place so I can fit all the wires next to it on the other side of the top of the radio. I played around with trying to get the fairing back on, looks like it will go but those wires take up a lot of space. It will be tight. I used the relocation bracket from member Ezell to put my ipod and CB under the radio. It raises the amp up about a quarter inch which takes up a little more room.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Zooki1
Road Captain

I'll do two layers of polyfil per side too if that worked for you. I don't have the fairing back on yet but they sound good. With the fairing off they are blowing a lot of air out the back of the speaker and really nothing out the front so I bet they are gonna sound really good once the fairing is back on. I still need to clean up the wires and decide if the amp all the way to the brake side of the radio is best place so I can fit all the wires next to it on the other side of the top of the radio. I played around with trying to get the fairing back on, looks like it will go but those wires take up a lot of space. It will be tight. I used the relocation bracket from member Ezell to put my ipod and CB under the radio. It raises the amp up about a quarter inch which takes up a little more room.
I think you will really be happy with it...One more thing, you just lay the polyfill over the speakers and just kind of form it around them, that's the way I was told to do it..Enjoy

Old 10-20-2013, 08:16 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Use it!

Old 10-20-2013, 09:37 AM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Use it!