Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amp

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 08:46 PM
oscarg
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp

I want a budget plug and play amp. Already put in j&m speakers with tweeters. I am not a music nut I just need a little more volume at high speed

Old 10-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

Budget and plug and play?

The only three that I know of that would be considered "plug and play" are Hogtunes, J&M, and Bazooka.

J&M is anything but budget, as you should know since you bought their speakers. Hogtunes and Bazooka are plug and play, very power limited, and not very budget friendly.

Amazon.com: HOGTUNES Amp 40Watts X 4 NCA40.4: Electronics Amazon.com: HOGTUNES Amp 40Watts X 4 NCA40.4: Electronics

Amazon.com: Bazooka MC-HD-AMK 4-Channel Harley Amplifier Kit: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Bazooka MC-HD-AMK 4-Channel Harley Amplifier Kit: Car Electronics

You can look up the J&M amps. Don't know if you looking for 2 or 4 channel, but either are both very expensive for what you get.

With a little bit of wiring, which you will need to do anyway to hook the power up, you can get a lot more for your budget. We can walk you through just about anything.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:45 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
With a little bit of wiring, which you will need to do anyway to hook the power up, you can get a lot more for your budget. We can walk you through just about anything.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:25 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

IMO, best amp for the $$ spent here http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....JMAA-1800H-UNV ,,,,,,,,,, all plug-n-play wiring ,,,

when ordering, use promo code 312P51199 to receive a 15% discount off of our website prices ,,,,

Old 10-14-2013, 12:38 AM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Oscarg, would you rather pay less than $150 for everything needed and get a great amp or $270 for a J&M amp, which is also a good from what I'm told? Just as Pioneer74 said, we can get you through anything. It's not rocket science just making sure this wire goes to that wire. If your interested in using the $120 that you would save for something else just say the word and we'll all get right in there with you. If you would rather pay the $120 more to go with the J&M since you have those speakers, no one will think lesser of you and will still be glad to give help. Let us know.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:02 PM
oscarg
Road Captain

I can do wiring if I have a good diagram. I don't want to spend a lot . It's just my hearing is poor and my pipes are load and sometimes at highway speeds I need it at full volume to herd the music

Old 10-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by oscarg
I can do wiring if I have a good diagram. I don't want to spend a lot . It's just my hearing is poor and my pipes are load and sometimes at highway speeds I need it at full volume to herd the music
UltraNutz has numerous install instructions in a sticky on top of the main Audio forum page. It will cover just about any combination you can think of.

The only thing we need to know to help you choose an amp are, did you replace all 4 speakers with the J&M's? Do you want to amplify just the fairing speakers or all 4?

Old 10-14-2013, 08:03 PM
oscarg
Road Captain

Yes I replaced all four and I want to amp all four

Old 10-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Today I put in a Soundstream PN4.520D and it is very powerful. I can't see how you could get a bigger amp in there and had to re-route few plugs. The Biketronics BT7P1 speakers sound great and actually bump. I'm very pleased with my $360 system.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:49 AM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I second the Soundstream PN4.520D. Had one in my 2010 with biketronics speakers. Honestly though, I'd be careful with any amp other than J&M's own on those speakers. The Soundstream could potentially destroy them if the gains aren't adjusted appropriately. That goes for any speakers set up with a powerful amp. The Soundstream can be found for the best price at savinglots.com. The ARC 125 mini is also a good amp to consider, especially if retaining FM clarity is important to you. The class D amps can interfere with FM reception.

Quick Reply: Amp