Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker Enclosures for 2014 Batwings...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 09:49 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

anything else ?? ,,,, I think all of that is on the J&M website with each product ,,,,,,

which one would you like to start with ?

Old 10-16-2013, 07:51 AM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
anything else ??
Yes actually....

Why are the speakers on the right SO MUCH more expensive than the speakers on the left since they appear to be nearly identical and no doubt manufactured in the same chinese factory...

Old 10-16-2013, 01:31 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

MontyCop ,,,,,,,,

I had to make the best photoshop examples I could, of what the new J&M ROKKER XX speakers & grills WILL look like, since they have not actually been produced yet ,,,, that is all ,,,,,,

did you actually read my descriptions on the new J&M ROKKER XX speakers for the 2014 Harleys ? ,,,,,, see http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....CRK-6652TW-RXX ,,,,,,,

did you read how the large high-density Neodymium vented magnet is made (((just like the J&M ROKKER XX speakers for the 98-2013 Harleys ? ,,,,,, see http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....=HCRK-7252-RXX ,,,,,,

did you read about the one piece fiber woven cone, and 156w RMS power handling capacity along with the high-grade silk-dome tweeter ,,,,,,

and now all you can complain about is the price ? ,,,,,,,, how about being impressed by the fact that J&M is even building a speaker like this, specific for the 2014 Harleys, with all the cool features, no less how well they are going to rock-n-roll ? ,,,,,,,,

it costs real $$$ to do what we do with our custom designed motorcycle speakers, as opposed to the inexpensive, massed produced car speakers that most of our competitors use ,,,,,,

but if we don't at least make a little bit of profit after all else is paid for, we would not be in business very long ,,,,,,

Old 12-08-2013, 01:12 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
no quite sure what you meant or what your question specifically was here is why I never replied.

Are you talking about removing the boxes, replacing speakers, and using acoustic foam? If so, not gonna happen bud. Those boxes are now your outer fairing support brackets and are required to remain in the fairing for stability of the fairing. We're still trying to determine what speakers will and will not fit in these enclosures.
UltranutZ have you tried drilling any holes in the speaker enclosures to make it easier to get the few difficult fasteners removed. I was thinking a couple of round holes to make it easier to get at the two difficult bolts on the 2014 Ultra limiteds?

Old 12-08-2013, 01:35 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UppercaseJC
UltranutZ have you tried drilling any holes in the speaker enclosures to make it easier to get the few difficult fasteners removed. I was thinking a couple of round holes to make it easier to get at the two difficult bolts on the 2014 Ultra limiteds?
This makes no sense JC. Where are you planning on drilling holes??? The bolts in question (3 of them) are behind a metal plate and thread into brass bushings that are pressed into the plastic pods. To "drill a few holes" as you put it, you'd only be able to come at them towards the threaded side and the bushing. How do you surmise you could remove them this way? Also, structurally, this is the thinnest part of the whole pod and drilling a few holes like that could easily cause a failure. Not to mention who knows what it will do to the sound.

Old 12-08-2013, 03:58 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like UN have never commented negatively on JM's posts or claims that his speakers are the loudest speakers available as you have said in many other posts. No disrespect to you or any other company that makes plug and play equipment that takes a lot of planning, but, they are NOT the loudest speaker available nor are they the best. There are far better speakers out there for a LOT less money.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:51 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by UppercaseJC
No sir I haven't. Can't imagine doing that either.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:31 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

I would add 1 more thing to this conversation that I stated to someone that was wanting to replace cams, air cleaner, tuning device, head pipes, and mufflers. All with keeping his warranty in tact. BS, ain't happening. Sure you might be lucky enough to be in "tight" with your service department but what happens when you're 3000 miles from home and it craps out?

Look guys.. These bikes I know can get confusing and intimidating to a lot of people whether it be mechanical or electrical or whatever the hell else if you're not mechanically or electrically inclined to do your own work or just flat out too lazy to do so. When I buy a bike, I already know what I'm going to do with it so I approach it with the mindset of knowing that if the radio goes out and I have aftermarket speakers or aftermarket amp and HD pulls their stupid crap of "oh sorry aftermarket speakers/amp are present, so sorry no warranty for you sir" then I know it's on me. Same with the motor. I know what I'm going to do with it and I know darn well whatever I do to it, is just one more excuse for the MOCO to deny coverage. So I'm on my 4th set of cams, 2nd clutch pack, 2nd primary chain tensioner, 2nd set of cam chain tensioners (good ones that don't say SE on them) don't use MOCO oils (they suck), 3rd set of tires that don't say HD on them, and of course most of you already know what I did with the electrical part of it.

So with that said; I don't buy bikes because HD offers such an impressive warranty or ESP because they don't and we all know it. I don't buy audio, electronics, grips, oil, or anything else for this thing because of that wonderful warranty or because it was manufactured to HD specs to retain whatever warranty is going to save my azz someday because it won't, PERIOD! Sure the MMWA might be able to help you fight the MOCO during warranty periods (I wouldn't count on it) but it ain't going to help you 1 iota when the warranty is up because.. well.. it's not a warranty that you paid all that silly money for, but a service contract and the MMWA doesn't apply at all.