Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers: BT7P1 vs. HCSK-7252GTM ????

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 07:22 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

in retrospect, anything you install is plug and play.. you plug in all your wires where they go and you play it.

folks get very easily intimidated by wires but that's what this forum is about. Helping you make educated decisions with your hard earned money and then helping along the path of install and setup.

Don't be afraid to tackle these installs yourself, they're easy to do in most cases if you just get your bearings straight before you start. Yes the "motorcycle friendly" setups are easier to install but almost always come at a cost of sacrificed sound quality.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:18 PM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Agreed. This isn't rocket science, just inputs and outputs. I put a stereo system in my first car 25 years ago with no help nor internet.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:35 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why are you using a 4 channel amp with this set up ??

Old 10-11-2013, 07:50 AM
Gooey2
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hearing both I bought biketronics as good at bass as it's going to get

Old 10-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member

GP, because I will most likely ad speakers in the lids at some point.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member

I got everything installed today and the speakers and amp are great. Holy cow the amp is POWERFUL and I don't even have it bridged. I have the gain set at 9 o'clock (or 3 o'clock depending how you choose to look at it) which is about 1/4 gain. The speakers sound very good and have a ton more bass, which is what I wanted. The highs on the Hogtune speakers I had are probably a tad more crisp but nothing that I am unhappy with. The speakers will actually bump on some songs and is what I wanted. Overall I give them a 9.5 out of 10. I had to fart around and re-route some wires because I couldn't get the batwing to seat easily but all is good. I don't know how you could get a bigger amp in there. I can't see why I would get the lid speakers now but I'm sure if I do I will be even happier.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:13 AM
Brazos Bill
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for sale

Originally Posted by MontyCop05
You shouldn't. J&M is WAY overpriced for their quality. They are only a little better than the BOOM or Hogtunes stuff. A set of Polks and a decent amp will blow away a J&M system. And trust me when I say the Titans are a power house. Great Low end also. I wish I could get my set into my 14'. Being I can't I'm probably going to order 4 of the Titan 6.5s. If I do, I'll probably be selling my 7.1's here.
Let me know if you decide to get rid of them.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:19 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Brazos Bill ,,,,,,,,,

with all due respect to you ,,,,,,,,,,,

The J&M ROKKER XX speakers (((see http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=45 ,,,,,,)))) WILL put all of those others to shame ,,,,,,

for more than 100 days per year, I see first hand at rallies all over the country, which audio products riders are installing into their bikes, and which brands they are taking out and throwing away ,,,,,

Old 10-16-2013, 10:37 AM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Saddlebag Lid Speakers

Originally Posted by guenther
I got everything installed today and the speakers and amp are great. Holy cow the amp is POWERFUL and I don't even have it bridged. I have the gain set at 9 o'clock (or 3 o'clock depending how you choose to look at it) which is about 1/4 gain. The speakers sound very good and have a ton more bass, which is what I wanted. The highs on the Hogtune speakers I had are probably a tad more crisp but nothing that I am unhappy with. The speakers will actually bump on some songs and is what I wanted. Overall I give them a 9.5 out of 10. I had to fart around and re-route some wires because I couldn't get the batwing to seat easily but all is good. I don't know how you could get a bigger amp in there. I can't see why I would get the lid speakers now but I'm sure if I do I will be even happier.
If you decide on lid speakers you will not be disappointed. It will give a full all around sound and much more bass if you use a 6x9 Pioneer 2 way speaker. They are somewhere around $100.00...GREAT speaker for the money. Just be aware that when riding on the freeway you may not hear you lid speakers very well, but your passenger will love them.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:07 PM
HDogg
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

I was in the same predicament a few months ago and that's why I love this forum.There are guys here who are just plain knowledgeable and helpful and there are guys here who don't seem to give a straight answer.Make a wild guess which way I went...I wanted to retain my HU,no obvious 'look at me' stuffs sticking out and with the help of some nice people here I finally decided on the RF PBR300x2 amp and the BT 7.1' speakers.I carefully followed the detailed instruction provided by a certain forumer here and I think I'm a happy camper now.Be sure to wrap those speakers with polyfil.I think it helps quite a bit in tightening up the sound.The Biketronic speakers are loud and let's face it,you're not gonna hear much bass on the road but when parked,the combination is pretty impressive and the best part is the whole thing looks bone stock standard.I big shout out to Ultra.Thanks again man.

Quick Reply: Speakers: BT7P1 vs. HCSK-7252GTM ????