Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers: BT7P1 vs. HCSK-7252GTM ????

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

BT7P1s are ordered and already have a tracking number. Thanks all.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:21 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

montyCop ,,,,,,

I disagree ,,,,,, the J&M speakers are very good quality and no other speaker I am familiar with will outperform them ,,,,, but I will admit, we have NOT yet tested the Biketronics 7.1s ,,,,

but to see what we HAVE tested so far, take a look at this video

Old 10-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member

So what is the actual warranty on your speakers, John? I've asked 2 times with no response and I'm sure others would like to know too. Also, the speakers I was looking at were not the Rokkers XTs but rather the HCSK-7252GTM. Thank you.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:57 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

warranty on all J&M products, including our speakers is our standard 2-year warranty ,,,,, been that way for 30+ years ,,,,,

in addition ,,,,,, our external speakers for Harleys carry a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser ,,,,,,,,

anytime you have a question like that, send an email direct to john@jmcorp.com ,,,,,,

as for the J&M ROKKER XX speakers compared to the J&M Performance series (HCSK-7252GTMs) ,,,,,, the ROKKERs will handle 150w+ RMS per speaker, the Performance series max out at around 90w RMS per speaker ,,,,,,

so if you are going to use a big J&M amp or big Fosgate amp, you are better off with the ROKKER XXs for long term durability ,,,, and in this case you DO get what you pay for ,,,,,

see http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....=HCRK-7252-RXX ,,,,,,,

and http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....D=HCSK-7252GTM ,,,,,,

Old 10-08-2013, 09:26 PM
tubeman426
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Those rockers are sure dam expensive, Thanks for the link John

Old 10-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
warranty on all J&M products, including our speakers is our standard 2-year warranty ,,,,, been that way for 30+ years ,,,,,

in addition ,,,,,, our external speakers for Harleys carry a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser ,,,,,,,,

anytime you have a question like that, send an email direct to john@jmcorp.com ,,,,,,

as for the J&M ROKKER XX speakers compared to the J&M Performance series (HCSK-7252GTMs) ,,,,,, the ROKKERs will handle 150w+ RMS per speaker, the Performance series max out at around 90w RMS per speaker ,,,,,,

so if you are going to use a big J&M amp or big Fosgate amp, you are better off with the ROKKER XXs for long term durability ,,,, and in this case you DO get what you pay for ,,,,,

see http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....=HCRK-7252-RXX ,,,,,,,

and http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....D=HCSK-7252GTM ,,,,,,
Thank you for responding. The amp I will be using is a Soundstream PN4.520 which is a 130Wx4 channel at 2-ohms (100Wx4 at 4-ohms). The amp I see on your website (http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....JMAA-3600H-UNV) that is closest, yet much less powerful than the Soundstream, is $360 more than what I paid for the PN4.520 new at $110. I'll have $360 total in my system vs your components at $840. I agree that you get what you pay for but are yours worth an extra $480 or 2.5x what I paid? If I missed the boat on this one I want to know.

Last edited by Bagger_Vance; 10-09-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:06 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

guys ,,,,,,

please look at the COMPLETE speaker & amp kits J&M offers ,,,,,,,,

we don't JUST sell you an amplifier or a pair of speakers ,, but an entire kit for both, that is all plug-n-play and made specifically for these applications ,,,,,,,,

THAT is how J&M is different than all the rest,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 10-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member

I gotcha. I did search some more and found this amp kit at $800 which is plug-n-play and closest in specs to the Soundstream amp I purchased.

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....MP-500HC06-ULP

I've been navigating your site and can't find a kit and cost for this amp and the Rokker XT together though. If you sell them separately it's $1170 from what I see.

Last edited by Bagger_Vance; 10-09-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Da Shadow
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well guys I finally made a decision about an amp and speakers. After having asked so many questions trying to identify a balance between lower cost and something I know will make me happy I threw it all out and went with BT7P1s and a Biketonics amp to power them. It is pricey stuff but so is everything else on my bike. The package is on its way so maybe I'll have it installed by the weekend of the 19th. Whenever I have time to install it I'll let you know what I think of it. Part of the decision making process was a long conversation with Bill who is very knowledgable and straightforward as are Guys on this forum (especially UN and P 74) who also answered many questions. Thanks

Old 10-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Da Shadow
Well guys I finally made a decision about an amp and speakers. After having asked so many questions trying to identify a balance between lower cost and something I know will make me happy I threw it all out and went with BT7P1s and a Biketonics amp to power them. It is pricey stuff but so is everything else on my bike. The package is on its way so maybe I'll have it installed by the weekend of the 19th. Whenever I have time to install it I'll let you know what I think of it. Part of the decision making process was a long conversation with Bill who is very knowledgable and straightforward as are Guys on this forum (especially UN and P 74) who also answered many questions. Thanks

Quick Reply: Speakers: BT7P1 vs. HCSK-7252GTM ????