Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's here!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 10:40 AM
HDogg
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default It's here!!

Well,it finally arrived,the Biketronics 7.1" speakers that has much rave reviews here.This is with much anticipation because any package that my local cutoms think is worth more than $150 would be held back and usually I may get it after a long period of time and a truck load of tax slapped on it.Most times,you just don't get the package at all..Anyway,this one arrived and I'm now waiting for the RF PBR 300x2 that agaion,I hope reaches me.
I know it's somewhere here as to how to set up the RF amp i.e gain,hp/lp frequency and all but it sure would be great help if I could have detailed information on this.Ultra,I know you can help man also,what can I do to kind of wrap the inner part of the batwing since I know it helps with the sound?

Old 10-02-2013, 12:45 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

glad you finally got them man.. sorry I couldn't help you with that..

don't wrap the inner fairing with anything... use polyfil around the speaker only.. if you have a walmart close to you (or any fabric store) get a small bag of the thin layered (1/16" thick) stuff and put no more than 3 layers 12x12" around each speaker just before you put the fairing cap back on. it will stay perfectly in place like that.

The amp gains are pretty easy. Set your bass/treble on your stock head unit to flat position (that's the middle). Turn your amp gains all the way down (that's counterclockwise). drop in a good CD that you know and turn head unit up to 3/4 volume. now turn amp gains up until you hear speakers start to distort then back the gains down a little. you're done..

The HP/LP/Frequency; if you find you have too much bass (too boomy sounding) then flip the switch to HP and set your frequency between 80 and 100. If the crossover switch is not in HP or LP mode, the frequency **** is rendered inoperative.

if using speaker wire inputs to the amp, there is no need to connect the remote turn on wire for the amp. The amp will turn on by itself when it senses voltage on the speaker outputs from the radio.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:17 PM
HDogg
Road Master

Thanks Ultra...you're da man...now I gotta wait for the RF amps.Fingers crossed here

Old 10-03-2013, 05:26 AM
HDogg
Road Master

Well guess what?The RF amps arrived today! I'm gonna try and get it all together soon and keep you guys posted on the verdict.Hope I don't run into any issues and hope I won't be disappointed with the outcome.I was just wondering if these add ons would affect the warranty?The amp also comes with the remote PEQ and I was told not to use it.Ultra,what do you think?

Last edited by HDogg; 10-03-2013 at 05:27 AM. Reason: add on questions
Old 10-03-2013, 06:53 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by HDogg
Well guess what?The RF amps arrived today! I'm gonna try and get it all together soon and keep you guys posted on the verdict.Hope I don't run into any issues and hope I won't be disappointed with the outcome.I was just wondering if these add ons would affect the warranty?The amp also comes with the remote PEQ and I was told not to use it.Ultra,what do you think?

The warranty: No it shouldn't but each dealer is different. If you get it installed then 6 mos down the road have issues with the head unit then they may or may not blame it on the amp being installed.

Do not use the PEQ. You will destroy speakers in quick fashion with that thing.