Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Focal all mumble

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 11:55 AM
uwiik
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Thinking about purchasing Titan 6.5 or 7.1 from Biketronics... I had Titan 6.5 back in 2009 but I really forgot how it sounds, it was driven by stock unit anyway... Now I am driving the speaker with amp but I am afraid that I am just going to get distortion if I play it loud enough, both speakers rated at 100W RMS, my KS 125.2 is rated at 70W RMS, under power is a major cause for distortion isn't it? Really am not ready to buy another amp right now, this money pit has invited my wife's attention to my credit card bills....

Last edited by uwiik; 10-03-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:45 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by uwiik
Thinking about purchasing Titan 6.5 or 7.1 from Biketronics... I had Titan 6.5 back in 2009 but I really forgot how it sounds, it was driven by stock unit anyway... Now I am driving the speaker with amp but I am afraid that I am just going to get distortion if I play it loud enough, both speakers rated at 100W RMS, my KS 125.2 is rated at 70W RMS, under power is a major cause for distortion isn't it? Really am not ready to buy another amp right now, this money pit has invited my wife's attention to my credit card bills....
Back in 09 the Titan 6.5" were Hertz speakers which were very good speakers. BT has moved onto Hybrid Audio Technologies (HAT) for their speakers now and if you liked the Hertz, you'll love the HATs!

As for power, there is a huge difference in clean power and simple power. That ARC amp is clean power so you are fine with it. You'll be surprised at what those 7.1" sound like with even that little alpine KTP445U amp connected to them, ask me how I know. LOL

As was told to me many years ago. When you have to start justifying bike part purchases, simply wrap that purchase around "safety"

New seat? - sits me more flatfooted so less chance of toppling over "baby"
New pipes? - they have to be loud for people to hear and see us "baby"
New wheels? - these are more durable than stock wheels so less chance of them getting out of round and causing me to lose control "baby"
New LED tail light? - LEDs are more visible during the day so less likely to get hit from behind "baby"

Old 10-03-2013, 01:29 PM
HDogg
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

What is the easiest way to rid of that dynamat? My hands are sore from trying to remove just a patch...
Don't bother like what UN said..it's one of the stickiest sh*t this side of townAs for the polyfill.the only ones I can get my hands on for now are the ones we use to layer the filters in an aquarium and they are kinda thick though it does peel of layer by layer.But I guess it's the same thing so I'll probably just use 1 thick layer on each speaker.The only problem I foresee is that the polyfill I know of is not the kind that stays as it's been molded.In other words,I could wrap it around(like the pictures UN posted) but it's probably gonna spring back.I'm wondering how to keep them in place.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:47 AM
uwiik
Tourer

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Back in 09 the Titan 6.5" were Hertz speakers which were very good speakers. BT has moved onto Hybrid Audio Technologies (HAT) for their speakers now and if you liked the Hertz, you'll love the HATs!

As for power, there is a huge difference in clean power and simple power. That ARC amp is clean power so you are fine with it. You'll be surprised at what those 7.1" sound like with even that little alpine KTP445U amp connected to them, ask me how I know. LOL

As was told to me many years ago. When you have to start justifying bike part purchases, simply wrap that purchase around "safety"

New seat? - sits me more flatfooted so less chance of toppling over "baby"
New pipes? - they have to be loud for people to hear and see us "baby"
New wheels? - these are more durable than stock wheels so less chance of them getting out of round and causing me to lose control "baby"
New LED tail light? - LEDs are more visible during the day so less likely to get hit from behind "baby"
I can sell my set, HK head unit, KS125.2, and my cheapo rodek 6.5" for around $1.200....i think I'll just get titan biketronics 7.1, Titan BT2180 amp and Pioneer MVH8350BT or JVC KD-AVX77 head unit with full color display and elegant minimalist faceplate, both are old model but I can get on Ebay, these are the only single din that I know that will display JPG as wallpaper, so my aftermarket head unit will look like stock HD with HD logo as wallpaper. Way cool!!

Not sure if the head units I mentioned will interface properly with BT1005 module and wired remote switch, I already have the BT1005 since 2009, emailed biketronics but no reply yet.
Does anyone know Biketronics direct email address? I used their inquiry form from website.

Last edited by uwiik; 10-04-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:49 AM
uwiik
Tourer

Originally Posted by HDogg
Don't bother like what UN said..it's one of the stickiest sh*t this side of townAs for the polyfill.the only ones I can get my hands on for now are the ones we use to layer the filters in an aquarium and they are kinda thick though it does peel of layer by layer.But I guess it's the same thing so I'll probably just use 1 thick layer on each speaker.The only problem I foresee is that the polyfill I know of is not the kind that stays as it's been molded.In other words,I could wrap it around(like the pictures UN posted) but it's probably gonna spring back.I'm wondering how to keep them in place.
I used double sided tape to stick the polyfills to the spokes, magnet and back of the speaker, works wonderfully.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:04 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Not sure if the head units I mentioned will interface properly with BT1005 module and wired remote switch, I already have the BT1005 since 2009, emailed biketronics but no reply yet.
Does anyone know Biketronics direct email address? I used their inquiry form from website.
The inquiry form goes to the same address that I use which is info@biketronics.com

As for the BT1005 module, that is for multi-brand head units so you should be good to go there as long as the head unit has a 3.5mm wired remote/steering wheel remote input.