Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head unit help....

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013 | 03:40 PM
kjkustoms
|
Road Captain
Default Head unit help....Which one??

I currently have a Sony head unit, model # DSX-MS60, with the SS amp, Biketronics Retro Radio kit. Problem is.. I really like the Sony head unit with the built in Ipod cradle but really dislike the features on the deck, planning my winter projects now so my question is... what head unit are you running ? What unit would you suggest and why?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by kjkustoms; 09-18-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-18-2013 | 03:49 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

That is one of the units I was thinking of upgrading to. Can you give specifics of what features you don't like?

The other unit I am looking at is the Sony DSXS210X.

Old 09-18-2013 | 04:03 PM
kjkustoms
|
Road Captain

Well, I installed it last winter, everything was good until recently, now its sometimes wont read the Ipod, displaying error messages, the shuffle mode wont stay on, and the automatic volume control has a mind of its own. (could be the Biketronics kit) just unhappy with overall performance.

Old 09-19-2013 | 07:38 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

1.) if you're unhappy with the biketronics controller simply call Bill. He'll replace it

2.) If you're having issues with your iPod not being recognized then you should get to the root of that issue before throwing $ at another head unit only to realize the head unit may not be the problem. Check the USB to iPod connector and the USB cable.

Have you tried plugging in your iPod to the front USB port instead of inside to see what happens? Odds are if you experience the same thing on the front USB connector using an iPod cable then the issue might be the iPod itself. What model of the iPod is it?

Old 09-19-2013 | 08:32 AM
kjkustoms
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
1.) if you're unhappy with the biketronics controller simply call Bill. He'll replace it

2.) If you're having issues with your iPod not being recognized then you should get to the root of that issue before throwing $ at another head unit only to realize the head unit may not be the problem. Check the USB to iPod connector and the USB cable.

Have you tried plugging in your iPod to the front USB port instead of inside to see what happens? Odds are if you experience the same thing on the front USB connector using an iPod cable then the issue might be the iPod itself. What model of the iPod is it?
I will try plugging the Ipod into the external. It's a new Nano 7th. Ipod and deck worked fine all summer, just started having issues lately. The deck keeps displaying the message "Ipod failure" checked all cables and connectors, all seems fine.
As for the Biketronics controller, its been working great all summer, it just started having a mind of its own with AVC. Im stumped!

Old 09-19-2013 | 08:47 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

I'd still call Bill at BT and talk with him about the issues with AVC. He might be able to tell you what's going on off the top of his head or he'll simply replace it.