Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dragonfly2000 - Please Respond

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 01:41 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by jon@themccoyfamily.me
Was he willing to share any details with you?
no sir.. nothing more than I've already posted here in the audio forum..

Has all the bells and whistles, plugs right into your handlebar controls, daylight viewable screen, iPod tray and USB, 50x4 I believe is the power rating, front and rear outputs (4v), etc.

I have seen pics of it but they were only viewable for about 2 minutes while Kevin and I talked about it a couple of months ago. It's definetely not the unit that appears on their website.

This unit fits precisely into the stock fairing hole taking up the entire fairing opening without the need for a kit.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:22 PM
jon@themccoyfamily.me
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
no sir.. nothing more than I've already posted here in the audio forum..

Has all the bells and whistles, plugs right into your handlebar controls, daylight viewable screen, iPod tray and USB, 50x4 I believe is the power rating, front and rear outputs (4v), etc.

I have seen pics of it but they were only viewable for about 2 minutes while Kevin and I talked about it a couple of months ago. It's definetely not the unit that appears on their website.

This unit fits precisely into the stock fairing hole taking up the entire fairing opening without the need for a kit.
Well that all sounds nice, make me feel like it is gonig to cost an arm and a leg.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:26 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

in relative terms.. no not really.

Figure, you'll pay $200 for a handlebar control/install kit and then another $150 to $200 for a decent radio.. then it not be waterproof on top of that.. so I'm guessing based on my conversations with Kevin that it's going to come in somewhere between $500-$600 and will be plenty of power to drive a 4 speaker setup on an Ultra without the need for an amp. Yeah yeah, I know amps are better; just making the point that it won't be needed for a lot of folks.. and to replace a stocker head unit with another stock head unit ain't cheap by any means..

Old 09-06-2013, 11:15 AM
jon@themccoyfamily.me
Cruiser

in relative terms.. no not really.

Figure, you'll pay $200 for a handlebar control/install kit and then another $150 to $200 for a decent radio.. then it not be waterproof on top of that.. so I'm guessing based on my conversations with Kevin that it's going to come in somewhere between $500-$600 and will be plenty of power to drive a 4 speaker setup on an Ultra without the need for an amp. Yeah yeah, I know amps are better; just making the point that it won't be needed for a lot of folks.. and to replace a stocker head unit with another stock head unit ain't cheap by any means..

Valid point...as long as it is a direct swap. the extras do add up.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find it interesting that Dragonfly hasn't responded in this thread. According to their profile, they have been on the board today.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:19 PM
jon@themccoyfamily.me
Cruiser

agreed

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
I find it interesting that Dragonfly hasn't responded in this thread. According to their profile, they have been on the board today.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:30 PM
vhmike73
Road Captain
Veteran: Army
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Bumping this for visibility of the interested parties (that's you, Dragonfly!!):

It's now been 2 full months since Sturgis ended...what's the story with this new head unit? When is Dragonfly showing us pics? What will the pricing look like? What features and specs should we expect? When will this be available to us?

Come on, gents!! Wow us poor schelps who didn't buy a new Infotainment System (along with a new bike)!!

Old 10-09-2013, 11:54 PM
FatTony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 120 Posts

I just put one of the DSX-MS60 Sony headunit in a RoadGlide last weekend and it was clearly visible in broad daylight.

I have one of these and its not bad at all. I have had no problems viewing the screen in bright sunlight. The only thing I don't like about it is that I haven't figured out a way to turn off the #@$% "faceplate still attached" alert when you power down. I actually don't think you can shut it off but i'm hoping i'm wrong. Not a deal breaker or anything if you like evrything else it does thou.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:33 AM
uwiik
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by vhmike73
Bumping this for visibility of the interested parties (that's you, Dragonfly!!):

It's now been 2 full months since Sturgis ended...what's the story with this new head unit? When is Dragonfly showing us pics? What will the pricing look like? What features and specs should we expect? When will this be available to us?

Come on, gents!! Wow us poor schelps who didn't buy a new Infotainment System (along with a new bike)!!
+1
Me too has been eye ing this release, with no news or any sign of actual release whatsoever, I decided to go with BT1005 + Car HU option....One less customer for Dragonfly....

Old 10-10-2013, 07:09 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

I talked to Kevin about 3 weeks ago and was told that the initial production run would be towards the beginning of November.

Quick Reply: Dragonfly2000 - Please Respond