Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Speaker Size "13 Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 01:14 AM
BOSOXFan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stock Speaker Size "13 Street Glide

Hello all, I have a new Street Glide and I am looking to upgrade the sound. I am not trying to compete or get into anything crazy, just want it better! What size are the stock speakers so I can get something without having to do a whole lot of mods. Any one useing a tweeter mounted in the dash with a cross over?

I was thinking a set of two way Kickers....

Old 08-12-2013, 04:55 AM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stock Harley speakers are 5-1/4 2ohm. Really limits your options for direct replacement unless you move up to a 6-1/2 or 6-3/4 with an adapter ring.

I think you need to be a bit more specific on what you mean by "a whole lot of mods." Do you just want plug and play speakers? Are you considering adding an amp? This stuff is pretty easy given this forum and the folks here that will help you.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:21 AM
BOSOXFan
Cruiser

I was thinking of replaceing the head unit and the speakers. to go with the 6-1/2s you said i need and adapter ring, how easy is that to install. I really do not want to cut into the dash. i am willing to place a small hole for the tweets.... any suggestions?

Old 08-12-2013, 05:51 AM
MontyCop05
Road Master

The adapter rings just screw right into the stock location and allow you to mount a larger speaker. As for tweeters, if you get a good 6 1/2 2 way with a built in tweeter you may find you don't need to mount separate tweeters. You could go with the hogtunes tweeter pod. It's plug and play but does require you to drill two small holes in the dash for mounting and running the speaker wire. If your dead set on separate tweeters you could also pull your air and oil gauges and put them in those spots.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:36 AM
BOSOXFan
Cruiser

Will crutchfield have the adapters?

Old 08-12-2013, 06:40 AM
BOSOXFan
Cruiser

And one last question (well for now). Do i have to really be concerned about getting the Marine/Motorcycle speakers. The only time i am riding in the rain is if i get caught. Fair weather rider here!

Old 08-12-2013, 07:10 AM
MontyCop05
Road Master

For the fairing speakers, not really but it can't hurt.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:34 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

me personally, I'd recommend;
  • you take a look at the BT7P1 7.1" for your fairing. the adapters needed are also included so when compared to others, the cost difference is minimal.
  • hold off on drilling holes in your fairing for the tweeter pods until you've got the speakers installed. You're likely to find you don't need the tweeter pod.
  • if you decide you need the tweeter pods, you simply tie them to the already installed speakers and you're done.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:50 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member

Sounds like you should keep the original head unit. It is more than ample , for someone wanting just an 'upgrade' in sound.

For the price, ( less than $400 ), ..............a 2 channel amp and speakers will leave you MORE than satisfied.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:22 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
Sounds like you should keep the original head unit. It is more than ample , for someone wanting just an 'upgrade' in sound.

For the price, ( less than $400 ), ..............a 2 channel amp and speakers will leave you MORE than satisfied.

Famous last words...that's EXACTLY how I got started...

Quick Reply: Stock Speaker Size "13 Street Glide