Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing speaker thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 08:30 PM
BigGelvis
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I removed the covers and velco them on top of the head unit. They hit with the covers on but they touch the outer fairing.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:37 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

guys ,,,,, I don't want to brag here, but these are the best that I know of available today http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....=HCRK-7252-RXX ,,,,,,,

Old 08-07-2013, 01:02 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
guys ,,,,, I don't want to brag here, but these are the best that I know of available today http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....=HCRK-7252-RXX ,,,,,,,
Sorry John, but those don't hold a candle to the Boston Acoustics !

Old 08-07-2013, 01:32 AM
badazzpred
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Rick In all honesty LOOK into the BT7P1's Or the BT Titan 2's.......Just Sayin!!

Old 08-07-2013, 05:10 AM
BigGelvis
Club Member

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
John, I'll take that challenge!
If you are confident enough to put them up against the Polk's and Boston's, send me a set and I'll be happy to post up a video review with them going head to head against them.

Personally, I have my doubts. But I am also very open minded about things like this.

For the $370 you guys are asking for those speakers, they would have to not only match the performance of at least the Polk's. But they would need to out perform them enough to justify the price.

Here is your chance to prove all the ney sayers wrong. Just how confident are you?

Old 08-07-2013, 12:04 PM
HDogg
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BigGelvis
John, I'll take that challenge!
If you are confident enough to put them up against the Polk's and Boston's, send me a set and I'll be happy to post up a video review with them going head to head against them.

Personally, I have my doubts. But I am also very open minded about things like this.

For the $370 you guys are asking for those speakers, they would have to not only match the performance of at least the Polk's. But they would need to out perform them enough to justify the price.

Here is your chance to prove all the ney sayers wrong. Just how confident are you?
I'm holding my breath for this challenge

Old 08-07-2013, 12:30 PM
BigGelvis
Club Member

Originally Posted by HDogg
I'm holding my breath for this challenge

Just for the record, I am sincere in what I said. I hope it did not come across as if I were just talking smack or disrespecting John or JMcorp in any way.

I just have my doubts about the claimed performance of those 7.25" speakers. More surface area means nothing for "sound quality".

That said though, I have not heard or even personally seen one of JM's speakers. I very well could be wrong!
But just going by the technical specifications, on paper the Polk's come out on top.

I really would be interested in testing these speakers first hand though. But no way I would pay $370 to find out.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:11 PM
HDogg
Road Master

JM is a bit pricey but it could be good and that is also the reason why I would like to know the result of the comparison.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:12 PM
HDogg
Road Master

Originally Posted by badazzpred
Rick In all honesty LOOK into the BT7P1's Or the BT Titan 2's.......Just Sayin!!
I've been looking all over Ebay for these but can't seem to find it.You got a link?

Old 08-07-2013, 01:24 PM
rbferg
Road Master

Originally Posted by badazzpred
+1 The Biketronics speakers are definitely not lacking in the tweeter department and the 7.1's will have more low end to boot!

Last edited by rbferg; 08-07-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Fairing speaker thoughts