Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Images of before and ... well during Radio install

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 12:38 AM
ducatidesmo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Images of before and ... well during Radio install

Here is my quick install (almost done) of my Pioneer DEH-80PRS. I went with the HawgWired kit as my local installer had it available. The mounting hardware is outstanding. the Harness itself.. I'm still on the fence about. Volume up and down, Track/radio frequency up and down, and Source work perfectly, but in the case of a Pioneer setup, pressing in the Audio button on the left hand side should change the Radio Band... on this specific Pioneer deck, it does nothing. Another Small Irritant (I'm sure its the same on the Kenwood, Alpine and Sony's as well) is going from about 20 volume steps on the stock deck to 60!!!... Makes turning up and down the radio slower.

Below are some images I had of when I started the Deck install and what it looks like currently. I'm still waiting on a few more things so should be buttoned up in the morning.

Before:

During:

Pioneer 80PRS in faring:

Fingerprint laden up close image:

Last edited by ducatidesmo; 08-02-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:37 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

try pushing in the left control and holding it for a couple of seconds.

Nice, clean install ducatidesmo

Old 08-02-2013, 10:49 AM
rbferg
Road Master

Nice looking install!! The Pioneer looks like it belongs there, unlike allot of other head units I've seen. How do you like it other than the couple quirks you mentioned? Can you read the display during the day?

Last edited by rbferg; 08-02-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:54 PM
HDogg
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

That's a sweet looking setup and hope it sounds as good too

Old 08-02-2013, 08:53 PM
UltraWalt
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Hurry up and get r don, not many miles on her

Old 08-03-2013, 05:06 AM
ducatidesmo
Cruiser

UN:
Tried that, tried holding for 10 seconds.. Nothing, there is a disclaimer in the instructions saying that each deck may or may not have all features.. go figure. I may just call Hawg Wired on Mon. Or may just put this adapter up and use the biketronics stuff.. BT's stuff and thier folks are awesome, and if need be they are only a few hour ride way, so we'll see.

Rbferg:
It rained for the first time in over a month (Doesn't rain after July 5th up in western Washington ) Weatherman says it should be good for Seafair, so I should have a good report for yall tomorrow night.

Hdogg:
It sounds Ridiculous! Head and shoulders better than the Stock Deck and that was completely flat. Tuned to my liking, has your ears about bleeding because of all of the highs!! Lows are OK... but to be fair.. I need 2 15's for the lows to be "Good" and we know that isn't going to happen. It is time for More speakers though. Going to do the HAT Clarus for Lowers, and either the Pioneers (wish they still made the Premiers) or the Biketronics/HAT without the adapters in the Hogtunes Lids.

Here is a Vid of the sound: (Make sure you listen with good speakers and at 720P or 1080P, depending on what your computer can handle, to hear the full fidelity of the setup)

Last edited by ducatidesmo; 08-03-2013 at 05:17 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:31 AM
HDogg
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

What if I got the Biketronic speakers and amp but stick to the HK head unit,Would I have problems with the hand controls?How do you think these speakers compare to The JM XT rokker?if you had the chance to compare,that is.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:44 AM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HDogg
What if I got the Biketronic speakers and amp but stick to the HK head unit,Would I have problems with the hand controls?How do you think these speakers compare to The JM XT rokker?if you had the chance to compare,that is.
You won't have any issues with hand controls unless you switch to a HU other than the HK. As for the speakers, Biketronics all the way.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:45 AM
ducatidesmo
Cruiser

It's Plenty loud and much better than the stockers. With the speakers and amp you get what would have been max volume bone stock (with HK radio) at 2 ticks more than 1/4 volume. Half volume is loud enough for 70mph all day, and blaring at a stop light. for my personal stock HK deck, it starts to clip when the volume ticks are at the "E" in volume. heavy distortion after that on the stock speakers, so I didn't ever go over that in the amplified setup...

Haven't had the opportunity to test out the limit on the Pioneer. It's always too late when I have time to work on it.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,642 Posts

1640 miles...time to stop dumping ca$h in the bike and get a few trips going...

Sweet sounds ya got working there tho!

Quick Reply: Images of before and ... well during Radio install