Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Images of before and ... well during Radio install

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 07:30 AM
GuNsLiNgEr420
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

This may seem like a silly question but are the head units everyone on this board installing weather proof? None of them ever say if they can be rained on and such... Just wondering...

Old 08-03-2013, 09:03 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by GuNsLiNgEr420
This may seem like a silly question but are the head units everyone on this board installing weather proof? None of them ever say if they can be rained on and such... Just wondering...
most are not... But then again that's why they're $149 vs $1000. :-)

When you buy an aftermarket install kit from either BT or HW you have the option of purchasing the rainshield. Some folks use them, some don't, hell some don't even buy them but IMO they are worth it. Some guys lose theirs while cruising down the road and blame the manufacturer for a POS design. I've used the BT rainshield on every bike I've had since 05 and never lost one. Put it on correctly and it will stay put.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:05 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

with what is coming around the corner from Dragonfly, that may certainly change the way we look at HD audio. Stay tuned for that monster!

Old 08-03-2013, 09:09 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by MontyCop05
You won't have any issues with hand controls unless you switch to a HU other than the HK. As for the speakers, Biketronics all the way.
100% agree

Old 08-03-2013, 09:13 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by ducatidesmo
UN:
Tried that, tried holding for 10 seconds.. Nothing, there is a disclaimer in the instructions saying that each deck may or may not have all features.. go figure. I may just call Hawg Wired on Mon. Or may just put this adapter up and use the biketronics stuff.. BT's stuff and thier folks are awesome, and if need be they are only a few hour ride way, so we'll see.

Rbferg:
It rained for the first time in over a month (Doesn't rain after July 5th up in western Washington ) Weatherman says it should be good for Seafair, so I should have a good report for yall tomorrow night.

Hdogg:
It sounds Ridiculous! Head and shoulders better than the Stock Deck and that was completely flat. Tuned to my liking, has your ears about bleeding because of all of the highs!! Lows are OK... but to be fair.. I need 2 15's for the lows to be "Good" and we know that isn't going to happen. It is time for More speakers though. Going to do the HAT Clarus for Lowers, and either the Pioneers (wish they still made the Premiers) or the Biketronics/HAT without the adapters in the Hogtunes Lids.

Here is a Vid of the sound: (Make sure you listen with good speakers and at 720P or 1080P, depending on what your computer can handle, to hear the full fidelity of the setup)
Very nice sir... I would opt for the Pioneer TS-D6902R 6x9s in the lids. Better bottom end than the BT/HAT but in all fairness those BT/HAT 6x9s are pretty kick-azz as well.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:24 PM
GuNsLiNgEr420
Cruiser

I can't wait to put the biketronics speakers in my bike, however I ordered them over a week ago and not here yet, this is really not an issue but I tried calling them and I get an answering machine and emailed them with no response.. All I need is to know the status, and if shipped the tracking info. I log into their site and check my order and all it says is ORDER COMPLETE... Ohh well I'll give them another week before I start to raise hell ... LOL

Old 08-04-2013, 09:43 PM
ducatidesmo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weekend Update:

Got everything buttoned up and went on a two hundred mile ride with a few buddies. One of the guys stated he preferred riding behind me cause all he heard was music... at 50-60

About the glare... well it was the plan anyway, but the center console is what makes at least half of the display un-viewable. Putting my hand in front of the Fuel filler to cover the chrome takes care of the problem (which is a problem itself) . Able to view it pretty well in direct sunlight when the display is White or Green. Orange to match the gauges... not so much. Changing out the center section to black, or something low pro is in the near future.

I'm only running two channels right now, but running blaring for 2 hours straight and it ran like a champ... To be fair, it only got about 76 degrees yesterday.

This Deck is not waterproof, so am thinking of solutions to take care of a water problem...

GuNsLiNgEr420:
I've had outstanding service from them, but I see that your all the way on the other side of the nation in LA, where I'm just a 4 hour ride away. Tech Support is hard to get a hold of as there is only Bill, but Sales is usually always available. Call them tomorrow at around 11 your time, hit 1 and one of the folks there will take care of you.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:46 PM
ducatidesmo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Very nice sir... I would opt for the Pioneer TS-D6902R 6x9s in the lids. Better bottom end than the BT/HAT but in all fairness those BT/HAT 6x9s are pretty kick-azz as well.
UN:
Only reason I was thinking the BT/HAT speakers is because of the pseudo component setup, so there is no leakage in the bags on a wet day.

Speaking of which, have you had the opportunity to sample the BT speakers?

Old 08-05-2013, 06:40 AM
GuNsLiNgEr420
Cruiser

Thanks, going to call them in the morning...

ducatidesmo, Nice install and setup the Pioneer does look like it was made for the bike. I am also going to be installing a new head unit and a set of lids on my bags.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:47 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

I'm running them now as I pulled my Pioneer speakers to send to Kevin @ Dragonfly for testing agains the Focal 7x10 speakers. They ROCK no doubt!!

Originally Posted by ducatidesmo
UN:
Only reason I was thinking the BT/HAT speakers is because of the pseudo component setup, so there is no leakage in the bags on a wet day.

Speaking of which, have you had the opportunity to sample the BT speakers?