Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Music on my Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 11:22 PM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Music on my Deluxe

I have a thread in the softail section on projects I've made for my Deluxe. I just did a little blerb on my sound system. I thought i'd post it here for anyone who is interested. That is if I can get it here. OK here goes.

I decided to change my stereo set up around,,,,,,just can't leave things alone. I moved my PBR300X4 amp to the downtubes on the frame. I couldn't find another place to put this amp. A machinist buddy milled me up a couple on ends for the amp out of aluminum. Between the two of us we got things drilled and tapped. The aluminum is siliconed where it's attached to the amp body. The aluminum blocks are hollowed out to allow room for the wires to the amp. I welded up some brackets for to clamp the amp to the downtubes and glued some rubber to them where they hold onto the frame. I drilled and tapped the aluminum blocks to bolt the brackets to.

Here is the amp mounted. Afted I mounted it I put a couple of layers of 1/2" weather strip so it totaled 1" thick at the face at the bottom of the amp. I put a line of grease on the weather strip and went for a gentle ride around the yard. I wanted to see if the fender would hit the weather strip and pick up some grease,,,,it did time to get back to the drafting table. plan "B" I made some brackets and attached them to the mounting ears on the fender which allowed me to move the fender down and ahead. More grease on the weather strip and another gentle ride,,,,no grease on the fender. Did a little more aggressive riding,,,,grease on the fender @#*!. On to plab "C" no one is going to like plan "C" I know I didn't. I cut off the mounting ears and drilled holes in the fender so I could lower it to where I hoped it would work. More grease and another ride this time I gould not get grease on the fender. I hated to do it but at least it worked.

I have four speakers two on the risers and two on the engine guards. I went to the Arctic Circle last summer and on the way home there was some metal fatigue on one of upper speakers. I got some new light housings and put the speakers in them, they are 4" two way. The bottom speakers are light housings but with 5 1/4" speakers. I had some 5 1/4" subwoofers in them last year but changed them out for 5 1/4" two ways. After about two rides I put the subwoffers back in. Heard much more of the music.

Sirius radio is nice to have.

I had the two way in when this pic was taken. The subs are yellow. The volume control is just to the left of the horn mounting bracket, but I want to change that later also.

I got the handle bar controls off a 98 Electra Glide Classic and put them on my bike. I want to use the volume control and the cruise if I put cruise on later. There is a forum brother seeing if he can come up with a way to make it work. That was fun changing all the wiring around, but that part is done and the bike started.

That's about it for the music,,,,this year anyway.

Last edited by Silver Fox; 11-22-2013 at 07:30 PM.