Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Better Speakers for my 13 street Glide needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 07:20 PM
TXCobra
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXCobra
One last question, is the factory speaker connector a "regular" speaker connector that slides over a male spade? If so, I am thinking about making an adaptor to go from that to male RCA so that I don't have to cut the harley harness nor the amp harness. Would that work?
Was thinking of adding spades to the ends on this:

Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate RFI2SW Adapts High Level Speaker to Low Level RCA Adapter: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate RFI2SW Adapts High Level Speaker to Low Level RCA Adapter: Car Electronics

Would that prevent the need to cut any wires at all?

Btw, gunslinger, sorry if I jacked your thread here....didn't mean to. Was actually hoping these questions and replies were helping you as much as they are helping me.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:42 PM
rbferg
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TXCobra
Was thinking of adding spades to the ends on this:

Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate RFI2SW Adapts High Level Speaker to Low Level RCA Adapter: Car Electronics

Would that prevent the need to cut any wires at all?
You DO NOT need those, the only thing you'll be cutting off is the connectors for the stock speakers, then stripping the wires 1/4" or so and connecting to the input wires of amp using standard butt connectors (very simple). You could leave a couple inches of wire attached to the stock speaker connectors when you cut, in case you want to reattach them later for some reason. You're not hacking the wiring harness or anything like that. The RF PBR300x2 actually sounds best using speaker level connection vs. RCA. Just follow UltraNutZ step-by-step instructions for your bike and you'll be rockin' in no time.

Last edited by rbferg; 07-08-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:28 PM
GuNsLiNgEr420
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

No worries... TXCobra. this is a open thread so I \we can figure which way to go with our system...MotoMike, That's what I am leaning to and will be giving them a call in the next week.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:03 AM
johnbasf
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Brian.Boase
Here are a couple of pics if you can see them

Attachment 322777

Attachment 322778
Brian, where did you get the apple plug?? Thanks

Old 07-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Brian.Boase
6th Gear

@johnbasf

I posted them on another thread, you can search "iPod Shuffle Set-up" and it should link you to the thread if you want to see more pictures. If not, here is a copy and paste from the other thread:

Here is the link to the double male 3.5mm:
http://www.pchotdeals.com/.sc/ms/dd/...Male%20Adapter

Here is the link to the right angle 3.5mm:
http://www.showmecables.com/product/...e-Adapter.aspx

The set-up is less than $10 all together. I even ordered a couple and made a back-up just in case. I put these two adapters together and slipped some heat shrink tubing around it. Put my heat gun on it and sealed it up. I put the soft Velcro portion on the back of my iPod Shuffle and a tiny piece on the radio CD lid itself. I just didn't want it to bounce around or put pressure on the aux port. When I get caught in the rain or hop off... I just grab it and stick it in my pocket. To be honest, I think I spent less money making that little adapter mount and buying the iPod with it than I would have buying a mount and running wires.

I hope this helps brother!

Old 07-09-2013, 06:52 PM
johnbasf
Cruiser

Thank you Brian....