Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

splash cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 08:17 PM
FF4606
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default splash cover

Hello again all, I finally decided to do the whole upgrade and change out the head unit to a Sony DSX-S310BTX with Biketronics 7.1 speakers and the RF 300x2 amp.

I live in Florida and ride daily which means I get rained on a lot. Does anyone know of a splash cover that would work with the Harley-Davidson Radio and Gauge Faceplate Trim, Part# 74612-06, chrome piece? Removing this piece would be a last resort. The inner fairing was painted with it in place and would require a new paint job after.

I know some of you say not to worry about the rain but today that stock radio and I got a hell of a soaking on the way home from work. Will the Sony take it?

Thanks for providing all of the info so far. The install should be next week.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:20 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

I know the HW splash cover won't fit. Might want to give Bill a call at Biketronics and talk to him about their splash cover if you haven't already.

You're going to love that setup you picked out! It rocks! Make sure to use some polyfil behind those speakers before you close up that fairing...

Originally Posted by FF4606
Hello again all, I finally decided to do the whole upgrade and change out the head unit to a Sony DSX-S310BTX with Biketronics 7.1 speakers and the RF 300x2 amp.

I live in Florida and ride daily which means I get rained on a lot. Does anyone know of a splash cover that would work with the Harley-Davidson Radio and Gauge Faceplate Trim, Part# 74612-06, chrome piece? Removing this piece would be a last resort. The inner fairing was painted with it in place and would require a new paint job after.

I know some of you say not to worry about the rain but today that stock radio and I got a hell of a soaking on the way home from work. Will the Sony take it?

Thanks for providing all of the info so far. The install should be next week.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:31 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,225 Likes on 3,756 Posts

I have the Biketronics Sony setup. The Sony faceplate is smaller than the HK so you get a black filler/adapter piece to reduce the size of the opening.

So basically you would have a chrome line framing a black square, which is recessed and frames the Sony faceplate. The splash cover fits inside the recess and would not interfere with the chrome trim. As long as you have the one that just frames the HK unit.

IMHO

Jim