Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thumbs down to OnlineCarStereo.com

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 12:18 PM
NascarGuy
Supporter
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs down Thumbs down to OnlineCarStereo.com

Hope the moderators don't pull the post but I wanted to make all HDForums aware of my recent issues with OnlineCarStereo.com.

I purchased an SS PN4.520D from them on 5/12/2013. I received it on 5/17 and installed the amp on 5/17-5/18. upon installing I immediately found that the amp had a dead rear channel. I did some troubleshooting and brought in UltraNutz for confirmation. He concured that the amp was definitely NFG. I called OnlineCarStereo.com and began the RMA process. I shipped the item back to them at my cost. They received the item back and gracefully informed me that it would be 4 to 8 weeks before I would get a replacment for the defective item they sent me. I called back again and spoke to Customer service (or lack there of) numerous times and got nothing but voicemail with no call back.

Since all this I have filed a dispute with Paypal to recover my funds not including my shipping expenses back to them and I am hoping to get my funds back.

It seems this vendor thinks they can penalize their customers for receiving defective parts from their suppliers for them to sell.

Last edited by NascarGuy; 06-04-2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-04-2013, 02:01 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

won't be removed.. this is good info... Maybe you should turn around and send them an email with a link to this thread. Where I'm sure many others will chime in with the ridiculous resolution they propose to you.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Frogprince
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I hate when a vendor does this. It is one thing when it dies after a few months and the warranty is being handled by the OEM. In this case they should have just said I am sorry for the defective product and we will ship you a new one.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:54 PM
NascarGuy
Supporter

Well UN once again you are right on the money. I sent them a link to my forum post and a screenshot of the 65+ views that my post had gotten only 1 hour after I posted it to the Customer Service Manager that had refused to return my phone calls. I also sent a screenshot of the HDForums active and guest membership numbers, 8870 at the time. Well 2 hours ago............ Can you say Cha Ching!!! Full refund to my Paypal account. Happy ending for me from one SH@# vendor.

So now that I have my loot back I am in search of a good vendor selling the SS PN4.520D.

Suggestions on a vendor?

Last edited by NascarGuy; 06-04-2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Turk05
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe WoofersEtc. I ordered an amp from them through Amazon. Shipped in one day, with email and tracking info... Don't have the amp yet, but so far so good...

Old 06-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Sire2Twins
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Turk05
Maybe WoofersEtc. I ordered an amp from them through Amazon. Shipped in one day, with email and tracking info... Don't have the amp yet, but so far so good...
I'll give a shout out to Woofers, Etc... Ordered my fairing speaker adapters through Amazon from them. They were advertised as Arc adapters. Before they shipped, I got a call from a guy at Woofers, Etc. advising that they were actually packaged as "Dragonfly" adapters. Since I knew they were the same thing, didn't care, but thought that was pretty cool that they called me for something simple like that. I plan on doing future business from them for that very reason.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:56 AM
barkingspud
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4 to 8 weeks? For what? Buy through Amazon or Sonic Electronics and you'll never have to deal with that type of BS.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Bobber Jake
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought mine through ebay and only paid like $125. I got a steal on it though, I scour the web before I buy....

Last edited by Bobber Jake; 06-05-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Voldemort
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=PN4.520D

I bought mine from savinglots.com along with my Polk MM651's. Good price with fast shipping.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:57 PM
NascarGuy
Supporter

Ordered from SavingLots.com last night. Hoping for a much better experience.

Quick Reply: Thumbs down to OnlineCarStereo.com