Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I killed my Polks.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 05:41 PM
rbferg
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dew Me
Sounds great. Thanks! I'll go with the 60-70hz like you are doing. Powering my system up for the first time today I could FEEL the bass from my MM6501's. I've got nothing against feeling bass and have had some serious subs in my cars, but am concerned about longevity of a 6.5 pumping that much bass.
I'm not sure which amp you have, but if you have the SS PN4.520D, I believe when set to HP the cross-over automatically rolls off frequencies below 80hz. With the RF PBR300x2, the freq can be adjusted between 50-500hz.

Last edited by rbferg; 06-10-2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: added info
Old 06-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Gearheaddrew
Cruiser

Well just canceled my order from ARG Global on amazon.... Is there any authorized dealers on amazon?

Looks like I'm gonna change directions and order a set of Rockford t165's and a pbr300x4 instead... they are sold by amazon.com so at least ill have the 90 from amazon...

Last edited by Gearheaddrew; 06-10-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:35 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearheaddrew
Looks like I'm gonna change directions and order a set of Rockford t165's and a pbr300x4 instead... ..
bad decision...........

Old 06-11-2013, 05:10 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

great thread guys, I installed my polks this weekend. I got them from amazon, Global. I notice the clutch side is fading in and out. I need to pull the fairing and look at it. I also need to bump my gains, I had them at 1:00 but backed them down.

I will let you know how I do with the gains and the HP filter.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:29 AM
Gearheaddrew
Cruiser

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
bad decision...........
Why...? Thats is the same system that Yaffe recommends..

Old 06-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Why...? Thats is the same system that Yaffe recommends..
So if Yaffe recommends it that makes it good?

Old 06-11-2013, 11:19 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

it's also the same system that RF installs when they visit HD dealerships but as Dew Me pointed out, that doesn't make it a good system. Which I think is funny to begin with considering the Boom Audio line up of products HD sells yet dealerships are allowed to bring in RF to install stereo setups for them. The reason? Well according to my contacts at the local dealer, the dealership makes a ton of $ off the transaction. Nuff said..

The bottom line is the

Old 06-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Gearheaddrew
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dew Me
So if Yaffe recommends it that makes it good?
just a simple observation that a somewhat reputable builder is using the same system..

As for the dealer making a bunch of $ off the system that dosnet bother me since they wont be installing or selling me one anyway..

Old 06-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

just a simple observation that a somewhat reputable builder is using the same system..
I was making an observation as well. Yaffe wanted to cash in on stereos. Wanted something that didn't hand all the profits other to a company like, say, Hawg Wired, that people could get completely on their own. Wanted to use a brand people had heard of: Rockford Fosgate. I don't know who went to who, but I believe Yaffe has some exclusive parts made by RF.

It doesn't make it a great system just b/c RF makes it or b/c Yaffe endorses it. Fact is that RF should be ashamed of the PBR300-4. I say that as a huuuuge RF fan that is completing an install of RF's Prime series amp in my bike.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Gearheaddrew
Cruiser

[/quote]It doesn't make it a great system just b/c RF makes it or b/c Yaffe endorses it. Fact is that RF should be ashamed of the PBR300-4. I say that as a huuuuge RF fan that is completing an install of RF's Prime series amp in my bike.[/quote]

I agree the amp dosnet have killer stats.. but it should be far better than the stock system that I am currenlty running.. And will make for a quick install when i collect enough $ for lids.

Quick Reply: I killed my Polks.