Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a bluetooth headunit/receiver

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 04:10 AM
kramercars
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for a bluetooth headunit/receiver

Hey guys,
I have been searching through the forums looking for a good way to stream music to the stock HD head unit without much luck so now I am thinking about purchasing a new unit and upgrading the speakers I dont much care about listening to the radio as i mostly want to stream Pandora from and android smartphone any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am no audio guru

Old 05-14-2013, 11:58 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Hey give John @ J&M a call. He was just in here a couple of weeks ago talking about this new device that J&M has (or will soon be releasing) that does just what you're looking for.

Aside from J&M, there are quite a few of these different branded devices out there.

http://www.amazon.com/SMARTmini-Blue.../dp/B008XMV05G

Originally Posted by kramercars
Hey guys,
I have been searching through the forums looking for a good way to stream music to the stock HD head unit without much luck so now I am thinking about purchasing a new unit and upgrading the speakers I dont much care about listening to the radio as i mostly want to stream Pandora from and android smartphone any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am no audio guru

Old 05-14-2013, 12:23 PM
sl33py
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marine HU's seem to be a lot of marketing... with less features than non-marine, for more $. So i went non-marine, specifically looking for similar features as you.

My criteria were HD Radio (sounds nice when you have a good signal - but SS amp may interfere), BT, and Pandora integration.

HU's are kind of ridiculously cheap right now it seems. HU's from just a few years back were a lot more IRC. So i went for the 250 range and got a Kenwood KDC-X997.

I really like the front panel and it seems like it will be glove friendly. Not a 1000 buttons, and most are larger than average. The wheel isn't a multidirectional, just rotate and push in. I like the physical Pandora up/down buttons as well. Big source, etc.

I'm part way through install now, so don't have a ton of feedback on interface and handlebar integration w/ BT1005, but here's a couple pics of it installed at least if that helps:

I'd look through crutchfield.com for HU's with the features you want, in the price range you are willing to pay. Great info and site to look at a lot of different HU's. Especially the standardized fields to compare (use the compare feature when you get down to 2-3 HU's you like).

Remember the Biketronics or Hawg Wired adapter to use your Handlebar controls.

Let us know what you pick and GL!

Old 05-14-2013, 12:59 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

exactly what sl33py said. A lot of hype.

Also check out the thread by Gone Riding about FM interference and the ferrite core.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:11 PM
EasternPC_CustomerService
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sena headset

looking for a bluetooth headset? we've got the sens smh10-d dual set for 299. to the door 4 way toggle, mile distance apart noise cancellation and many more features. this is compatible with stock radio give us a ring for more info and prices.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:23 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by EasternPC_CustomerService
looking for a bluetooth headset? we've got the sens smh10-d dual set for 299. to the door 4 way toggle, mile distance apart noise cancellation and many more features. this is compatible with stock radio give us a ring for more info and prices.
I see you guys are selling the PBR300x4. do you sell the PBR300x2? At a decent price I can see where you guys would get some business out of the audio forum...

Old 05-14-2013, 08:55 PM
UltraWalt
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
I see you guys are selling the PBR300x4. do you sell the PBR300x2? At a decent price I can see where you guys would get some business out of the audio forum...
Great question UN, EP has great prices and the PBR300x2 would no doubt sell.