Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod cutting out

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 07:17 PM
RickO
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod cutting out

I have an 11 Road Glide, stock radio and added the HD iPod interface. Additionally I have a Hog Tunes Amp and speakers along with the tweeter pod. (Not that the amp and speakers has anything to do with what I'm seeing.)

When I fire up the bike the radio always has the iPod selected. It goes to it's starting place and I get the music. Sometimes "shuffle" is remembered from the last trip, sometimes I have to turn shuffle back on. No big deal and not the basis of this posting.

After some short miles I hit the button to skip a song and the music stops. I hit the forward button again just incase the file is corrupt, nope, that's not it. I've tried turning the radio off and restarting. The song comes on for about a half second and then - nothing.

I've tried selecting radio am, then fm, then CD, Weather and back to iPod. The song starts and then stops a half second later. Make note, the failure is only at iPod, CD and radio works fine. I have also checked the iPod connection itself. Does not seem to be the problem either.

Has anyone seen something like this? The last thing I want to go through is HD saying everything is good, it's your iPod. (Finger pointing.)

Overall I am disappointed with this audio set up. I liked Hog Tunes right up to the point in time I heard Hawg Wired. I mention this because if I can't get the iPod to work through the system, I'll scrap the entire mess and do it all over again yet I really don't want to **** away another boat load of cash if I don't have to.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:37 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What version of IPOD are you running ??

Old 05-11-2013, 09:00 PM
RickO
Intermediate

Not sure but I'll describe it. I just checked the iPod site and it appears they don't make it anymore. I think it was a nano and it's just a year old, no more than two years old max. It's the shuffle size, perhaps slightly larger and it square vs rectangular as the current nano is. It also has a touch screen interface. That help? (...best I can do.)

Old 05-11-2013, 09:05 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member

Does it perform properly hooked up to your computer ??

Old 05-11-2013, 09:08 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What are the temps outside? Ipods and Iphones will shut down to high heat. Usually my Iphone will shut off after awhile with outside temps 80 and higher

Old 05-11-2013, 09:10 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member

He lives in New Hampshire !! It's NEVER been 80 degrees there !!!!

Old 05-11-2013, 09:11 PM
RickO
Intermediate

...and it's 16gb

Old 05-11-2013, 09:14 PM
RickO
Intermediate

Good question. I was thinking temp but it happens all the time. Yesterday it was mid 70's and the bike really hadn't heated up yet but it happened. Perhaps I stressed the snot out of it last summer on a scorching day and it needs to be replaced. Don't know.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:18 PM
RickO
Intermediate

LOL - Yes, it does get hot in New Hampshire but just for 14 days after the ice leaves the lakes.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:15 AM
Fattire_Biker
Cruiser

Just a thought...have tried playing with the squelch? Wonder if your mic is picking up your music.....or something? Or, turning off your com.

Quick Reply: Ipod cutting out