Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soundstream PN4.520D install ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 04:51 PM
StrayCat9
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soundstream PN4.520D install ?

Have Sony radio, SS amp, and mm651's installed on bike. Started on wiring. Do I just plug RCA jacks in from Sony head were the gain controls are and then speakers are connected to the terminal block on the same side as the power, ground, and remote are? Are the high level inputs connectors not used in my setup?

Where did you install crossovers for rear pods? Waiting on speaker grills to install these.

Thanks
Tim

Last edited by StrayCat9; 05-12-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:05 AM
StrayCat9
Intermediate

The manual is difficult to read (small print and I am older) . Can anybody help?

Old 05-12-2013, 09:00 AM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by StrayCat9
Have Sony radio, SS amp, and mm651's installed on bike. Started on wiring. Do I just plug RCA jacks in from Sony head were the gain controls are and then speakers are connected to the terminal block on the same side as the power, ground, and remote are? Are the high level inputs connectors not used in my setup?

Where did you install crossovers for rear pods? Waiting on speaker grills to install these.

Thanks
Tim
I'm glad that you edited your post because it now makes more sense and is correct. Yes, since you have RCA connectors, you don't use the Hi-level inputs.

I installed the crossovers for the Polk speakers that I installed in the speaker pods of my Ultra in the tourpak and drilled a 3/8" hole through the tourpak liner & tourpak into the pod (has to be large enough for the wiring connectors to pass through it).

The crossovers are held in place against the tourpak liner with velcro (the aggressive/stiff side of the velcro will attach to the tourpak liner). I fed all of the extra wire into each pod and zip-tied it in a neat bundle.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:59 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

The manual is difficult to read (small print and I am older) . Can anybody help?
I had the same problem although not old. :-)

Here's a link to the scanned manual I blew up to where I could read the damn thing.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:03 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Thanks
Tim
Tim, I did mine slightly different than WTR in respect to the rear crossovers. I really wish POLK would redesign the crossover to be about an inch shorter so they would fit inside the tourpak pods. Nonetheless if you lift up the passenger backrest pad flap I mounted mine there. Here's a pic for you.. Any slack left in the wiring, did the same thing WTR did in dragging it into the tourpak pod and tie wrapping it out and out of the way.

Make sure to wrap those fairing speakers with polyfil and line the tourpak pods with polyfil.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:41 PM
StrayCat9
Intermediate

Ok thanks Ranger & Nutz just wanted an confirmation before I wired up speakers thanks for the help

Tim