Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best plug-n-play for $$$

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 10:55 PM
fallingdown
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best plug-n-play for $$$

2013 Street Glide. Not a complete klutz but when things go wrong for me, they tend to go REALLY wrong.

Looking for a recommendation for the best "plug-n-play" amp/2 speaker combo maintaining the HK head unit.

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-02-2013, 11:26 PM
sl33py
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of options, what's your budget?

I personally have been really impressed with Biketronics - recommend checking them out.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:19 AM
fallingdown
Cruiser

Hoping to keep it under $500 with simple install that even I can do.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:59 AM
sl33py
Tourer

BT has a combo on discount just a bit more than you said was your budget... (isn't it always that way?!)
http://www.biketronics.com/bt2180-am...eaker-package/

I would call and talk to them. Great folks to deal with and might be able to upgrade to the new 7.1 BT7P1. Since it currently is promo'd at the same price as the TITAN II 6.5's.

Step by step, plug and play, but a bit of a premium for it.

Hog tunes, J&M, etc. Have similar kits that are plug and play. When I started looking I found BT as a better solution and hope to install this weekend.

Sorry I'm not an audio guru like UN or others here, but fingers crossed it sounds as good as I hope.

HTH - GL!

Old 05-03-2013, 01:13 AM
sl33py
Tourer

The nice part I appreciate with my BT kit is all the components included. The obvious is there (adaptor rings, etc.), but the extra cables, power wire and fuse, etc. are too.

You can get similar for less, but need to assemble yourself. FM issues with the Soundstream amps, lifetime warranty, and talking with the BT folks made it really easy to spend a bit more for their gear.

GL!

Old 05-03-2013, 07:36 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

I agree with sl33py on the BT kits. IMO they're better than most out there. Check out dragonfly also. they have nice kits as well.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:03 AM
fallingdown
Cruiser

Thanks for the suggestions!

Old 05-03-2013, 09:18 AM
SilverEagle50
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default not far from plug-n-play

UltraNutz suggests a package including the pbr 300x2 with Polk mm651 speakers. this combo is not to far from plug-n-play and up in the stickys he has posted step by step instructions on the install. I just ordered all the stuff to do this package for less than $325 off ebay. If the speakers get here today, I will be installing it this weekend.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:20 PM
sl33py
Tourer

SilverEagle50 is absolutely right as well. A great "kit" with minimal DIY. If you can match up the wires and follow some directions...

BT has pictures though in their instructions. Not color, but pretty well thought out. And if you get a chance to talk to Bill (BT's tech support) - he really knows his stuff. Great guy to talk to as well.

One thing i'd love more feedback on, as i'm looking to do a second stereo setup for my brother's 07 EGC and hunting for amps... I know the RF PBR300x2 is a great little amp, but it seems to be slightly less "full range" than others (below 100hz maybe)? SS seems to have better SQ and better low end? Unfortunately also FM interference. By the time you start looking at the ARC or JL (both really nice) - you are getting close to the cost of the BT amps... then fitment issues (still trying to figure out max dimensions that will fit). I don't want to have to hack my guage housing to fit an amp.

I've settled on the MM651's w/ dragonfly adapters, just hunting for the "right" amp (1-200w RMS per ch). I'm excited to compare systems side by side afterwards!

slight thread jack - sorry fallingdown!

Old 05-03-2013, 12:23 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by sl33py
I know the RF PBR300x2 is a great little amp, but it seems to be slightly less "full range" than others (below 100hz maybe)?

hmm.. strange.. specs are 20hz to 20khz which is the norm for most amps these days..

Quick Reply: Best plug-n-play for $$$