Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker "pop" when turning off HK radio using SS amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Fantozi
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker "pop" when turning off HK radio using SS amp

I installed the Soundstream PN4.520D and Polk audio MM651 speakers. Now the HK radio was modified by the good folks at Iron Cross!! They added RCA preout speaker outputs and an Aux input to the radio. I connected the SS amp using the RCA's and used the Orange headlight wire for the remote wire. The ground is connected to the right side of the triple tree (where the plastic brake line holder is).The system sounds great and everything is perfect.....

Well almost everything!!

Now when I turn the radio off, I get a loud speaker "pop". This speaker pop only happens when you turn off the radio. I can shut down the bike using the ignition switch with no pop just when I manually press the off button on the radio.

BTW. I don't have any FM reception issues. I get all the stations I usually listen to. I used the in fairing antenna's from J&M and got rid of the antenna whips and wiring. (FM and CB). Oh I also wrapped my power wire with Polyethylene Split Wire Loom from the battery to the amp!

Steve

Old 04-26-2013, 01:38 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

That's typical caused when your amp is not being powered off correctly. I'd check your amp ground. And as important, what is the amps remote wire connected to?

I don't know which wire to tell you the remote should be hooked up to but you may want to check some of UltraNutZ wiring diagrams to validate.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:56 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by reesestewww
I'd check your amp ground

I'm betting this is a ground issue. Can you verify that your ground is solid. If so, then I would try and relocate it directly to the battery and see what happens