Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AKE Bluetooth products

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 04:43 PM
lawman1841
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AKE Bluetooth products

I've long wished for a BT dongle for my 07 Ultra that would permit me to handle all of my communications/audio needs via a BT headset. Earlier today, to my surprise, I ran across an ad by spoiledbiker.com advertising a BT dongle made by AKE, a German company, touted to do just that.

Until today, I've never heard of spoiledbiker.com or AKE. Anyone out there have any experience with either? If so, comments?

Also, if the AKE works as advertised, I'm wondering what the best BT headset would be to use with it. Specifically, I'm wondering if you lose anything by not using an AKE headset.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Nate1977
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Link to product?

Old 04-18-2013, 07:57 PM
sl33py
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a total BT geek... I've tried a couple different in helmet sets.

I have the interphone F4 and F5 on 3 sets of helmets. I've also looked at the new G9 from Cardo Scala.

This looks to be quite a bit different than a standalone BT helmet like i've used.

those looking for more info on this device:

Harley Bluetooth Adapter: Harley-HC2 $249.00
Spoiled Biker is proud to introduce the only wireless 2-way connection to your Harley Davidson intercom. This device plugs directly into your Harley intercom port and can then be paired to the Bluetooth headset of your choice. Full 2-way communication through your Harley's audio system is then available.
Stereo mode is also available however the dongle must be accessed and the button pushed to switch from 2-way communication to stereo mode.

Product Overview

Recommended Bluetooth headsets: Sena SMH10, AKE Stealth 201.
Using one AKE dongle allows the rider to use the CB and hear the Harley Audio system. For both the rider AND PASSENGER to hear the Harley audio system two dongles would be required.
Note: Because the AKE dongle uses the headset profile it cannot be paired to some helmets at the same time as a phone is paired to the helmet. Thanks to the Sena SMH10's latest firmware V4.0 you now can pair your phone and the dongle to the SMH10 at the same time.

Detailed Product Description:

Charging of the dongle is not necessary. It gets its ground from the base of the Harley intercom port. One wire must be connected to 12 volt postitive (battery or fusebox). Wire with built in fuse is included. The Harley Bluetooth Intercom dongle can be disconnected easily by unpluging it from the intercom port and disconnecting the single 12v wire at the spade connector.
Can be paired with any headset which uses A2DP Bluetooth profile.
For information on how your Harley Audio System must be adjusted please see this article. Being able to use the CB, and clearly hear the audio of your Harley Intercom without wires flapping in the wind is well worth the cost of this dongle. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.

"Can be paired with any headset which uses A2DP Bluetooth profile." - A2DP profile is a standard communication method and most headsets will work with it.

HOW it integrates and let's you have sources coming from the speakers, or headset, and integration w/ PTT or VOX for CB/Intercom is the part i'm not sure of.

Most headsets you will get to integrate with this system can also link to each-other for passenger/rider or rider/rider communication. The Sena SMH10 is a great headset like the Cardo Scala or Interphone.

Check out the headset reviews on webbikeworld - great site and detailed reviews.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...h-intercom.htm

HTH - GL!

rob

Old 04-18-2013, 08:18 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

John @ J&M is either fixing to release a product or already has that will do just this for you as well.