Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new stereo set up

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 11:51 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

if you're not worried about losing some FM signal then the 4 channel amp to go with is the SS PN4.520D.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:48 PM
casey73
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is there a reason why it interferes with fm signal ? anyone have that problem how bad is it ?

Old 04-17-2013, 02:51 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

it's hit or miss. Mine works perfectly fine, a few others here, perfectly fine. Others, it comes and goes, has little effect, or takes out FM altogether.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:36 PM
casey73
Intermediate

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
it's hit or miss. Mine works perfectly fine, a few others here, perfectly fine. Others, it comes and goes, has little effect, or takes out FM altogether.
Ya I don't want to risk that, I'm going to run the rockford fosgate amp see how it goes, if not so good I'll change it out, I talked to a local audio place an they said they wouldn't use type r' s they only use hertz and arc I think he said, so well see what happens I'll let everyone know how they sound when there done, I guess it comes down to opinon, and how much you're looking to spend, there so many options to go with when it comes to this stuff

Old 04-17-2013, 11:57 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

ultranutz ,,,,,,

use this J&M 4-ch amp and should be no need to worry about loss of FM signal http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....JMAA-1800H-UNV ,,,,,,,

Old 04-18-2013, 07:26 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by casey73
Ya I don't want to risk that, I'm going to run the rockford fosgate amp see how it goes, if not so good I'll change it out, I talked to a local audio place an they said they wouldn't use type r' s they only use hertz and arc I think he said, so well see what happens I'll let everyone know how they sound when there done, I guess it comes down to opinon, and how much you're looking to spend, there so many options to go with when it comes to this stuff
if you're talking about the PBR300x4, hit up streetglidewalt here. He just put one that I know personally works fine up for sale in the classifieds for $75

Old 04-18-2013, 07:12 PM
casey73
Intermediate

well change of plans, the installation is being pushed off for a few days until i get my 2nd amp ahaha, i got the pbr 300x4 today in the mail today and didnt realize how small it was i was looking around today for a bigger amp before i got home and saw this. I dropped off all my stuff to the installaton guy, and had a thought of having 2 of these amps wired up, each set of speakers will have its own amp. well see how loud this set up will be now, dont have to worry about under powering

Old 04-18-2013, 08:10 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

so this thread has been kinda all over the place. What is your final speaker setup going to be?

Old 04-18-2013, 08:16 PM
casey73
Intermediate

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
so this thread has been kinda all over the place. What is your final speaker setup going to be?

Running, 6.5 alpine type r in the fairing wired to the pbr 300x4, 5 1/4 alpine type r in the lids wired to another pbr 300x4 , with stock hk head unit

Old 04-18-2013, 08:30 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

those are both 4 ohm speakers.. Man I would shy away from that 300x4 if I were you.

1.) not enough power to do anything with adequately.
2.) heat issues are a common fact with this particular amp

If I were you, I'd opt for 1 of the following 2

1.) 1 - PBR300x2, wire both sets of speakers in parallel to bring the impedance load down to 2 ohms where that 1 amp will make those speakers shine.
2.) 2 - PBR300x2. 1 for front and 1 for rear. This is still going to provide more power than the 300x4 and you won't have to worry about the heat issues. Both amps will fit inside the fairing as well sitting side by side on top of the head unit.

Those 300x4s get so hot you can't touch them and when they get that hot guess what comes out of them inherently? Distortion! That's a problem for me and will be a problem for your speakers. Power doesn't kill speakers unless you're overly crazy with power, distortion kills speakers.

On a side note, IMO you're wasting your time with 5.25" speakers in the lids. 6.5" minimum and then those are lacking in the lids. You'd be better off purchasing a set of pods from Junes Upholstery on eBay and fitting 6.5" in there. At least they will be directed towards you and provide a nice "fill" for your fronts.

Quick Reply: new stereo set up