Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headunits, Steering Wheel Remote Control and SiriusXM

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 01:32 PM
smkinnan
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
yes sir. either the type like Sony and Alpine have with the 3.5mm plug which will plug directly into the Biketronics device or even something like a Kenwood or JVC that use a single wire for controls. You'll have better control over all functions with the Sony headunit especially since BT and HW both cater to the Sony more than other brands so they build around it.

As for the Sirius, most of the Sony's have the ability to simply plug in a module and mount your sat antenna inside the fairing. Here's one kit but make sure it's for your specific head unit it you go that route as I know they have 2 different sat units.
I was thinking about getting another Alpine since I already have the pigtail wired, taped and zip tied. The model I am looking at is the Alpine CDE-SXM145BT. It comes with the module for Sirius already so I wouldn't have to get an additional item. Plus, I would have a fresh pigtail for the new owner of the "used" HU.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:33 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by smkinnan
I was thinking about getting another Alpine since I already have the pigtail wired, taped and zip tied. The model I am looking at is the Alpine CDE-SXM145BT. It comes with the module for Sirius already so I wouldn't have to get an additional item. Plus, I would have a fresh pigtail for the new owner of the "used" HU.
sounds to me like you've got the bull by the horns.. Let us know how it turns out sir...

Old 04-17-2013, 01:34 PM
sl33py
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was talking to Bill at BT yesterday and asked him about your issue. Thinking one of the wired SWC units might integrate enough to do this... Nope.

He confirmed what others have already said and without the control input on the HU it will not work.

GL!

Old 04-19-2013, 09:02 AM
smkinnan
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received and installed the Alpine CDE-SXM145BT. What a fine piece of equipment it is. It is just as advertised. Got it off of eBay for right at $200 shipped. Pulled the "old" Alpine out and plugged this one in its place. Didn't even have to change the wiring at all.