Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Road King Audio Setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 10:06 AM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks SWEET!

Killer install job.

Beav

Old 04-23-2013, 10:09 AM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WestTexasRanger
The fairing looks great on your bike!

Would you mind posting a photo or two of the other side, so that we can see your radio installation?
Not the best pic, but here's something.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:59 PM
tdd77
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great. Was wondering what that chrome thingy is on the lower left of the fairing by the clutch cable?

Old 04-23-2013, 06:36 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by tdd77
Looks great. Was wondering what that chrome thingy is on the lower left of the fairing by the clutch cable?
Thanks.

It's a lock for the fairing.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:32 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

This is a badass looking setup, you did an awesome job!!! I am going to keep this thread in my history so I have a good refereance.

I have a Streetbob, I am modifing some hardbags to mount to the bike and I have been thinking about getting the DC fairing they make for the Dyna's. The fairing is slightly smaller and has about half the room inside it so adding an amp to the system like you did would be impossible. However, I asked them if I were to get the fairing, if they would be able to make the inner fairing with just the two speaker holes for the 6x9’s and no hole or cut out of any kind for the radio section. I am planning on using the Kicker PX150.2 http://www.kicker.com/pxi502 with and Kicker PX100.2 http://www.kicker.com/PX_Amplifiers to run my audio system. I have no use for an AM/FM/CD radio, all my listing is done via my iPhone. I believe this to amps used would fit inside the fairing were the radio would have originally been. I could then maybe cut out a section and maybe fiberglass in a pocket for the controller and the iPhone in the flat section where the radio hole would have been.

Last edited by blueangel73; 04-24-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:38 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by blueangel73
This is a badass looking setup, you did an awesome job!!! I am going to keep this thread in my history so I have a good refereance.

I have a Streetbob, I am modifing some hardbags to mount to the bike and I have been thinking about getting the DC fairing they make for the Dyna's. The fairing is slightly smaller and has about half the room inside it so adding an amp to the system like you did would be impossible. However, I asked them if I were to get the fairing, if they would be able to make the inner fairing with just the two speaker holes for the 6x9’s and no hole or cut out of any kind for the radio section. I am planning on using the Kicker PX150.2 <http://www.kicker.com/pxi502> with and Kicker PX100.2 <http://www.kicker.com/PX_Amplifiers#fragment-2> to run my audio system. I have no use for an AM/FM/CD radio, all my listing is done via my iPhone. I believe this to amps used would fit inside the fairing were the radio would have originally been. I could then maybe cut out a section and maybe fiberglass in a pocket for the controller and the iPhone in the flat section where the radio hole would have been.
Thanks for the compliment.

I considered using that same device too. I also have no use for FM radio - If it's no on iHart then I don't need it. I just wasn't sure on the kicker, so I went with what I was more comfortable with. I also wanted something that could drive rear speakers for when I add them, which the SS amp will.

I actually bought all the audio equipment for $366.28

Old 05-02-2013, 04:25 PM
airborne4vr
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just recently purchased a batwing Fairing from Reckless MC with color-matched paint inside and outside for my new 13 FLHR. I'm hoping I will get the same results. I also purchased color matched saddlebag lids from HD which ran me 600 bucks for the pair and an additional 100 bucks for the grills, I just don't feel comfortable getting the boom audio system for the saddle bags. Im going to put some Polk Audio AA2571-A MM571 5x7 Coax Speaker in the lids and Polk Audio AA2651-A MM651 6.5-Inch Coax Speaker in the fairings. I haven't decided what AMP I will be using and I was hoping for some input. My receiver will be a Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS Single Din In-Dash CD/MP3. It has 2 USB inputs in the back and I wanted to cut out hole in the fairing with a bracket so I can setup a swappable SSD Hard-drive. Im really hoping my visions can become reality so we will see how it goes. I should have the fairings and lids by June 3rd.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:51 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great install, Just wonderin why you mounted the amp the way you did?
Is there no way it would mount ontop of the Headunit? like in the HD fairings.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:20 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by thelawnmowerman
Great install, Just wonderin why you mounted the amp the way you did?
Is there no way it would mount ontop of the Headunit? like in the HD fairings.
This was the only way I found to mount the amp. You cannot lay it flat a the ends of the amp will hit the fairing as it wraps around.

DC said that they did not think the amp would fit, but I went for it and was able to get it to work after some tweaking.

If the fairing for the Softail is smaller than the RK I don't think the SS amp will fit. You'll want to check.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:31 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member

Added 3 more layers of poly-fil, for a total of 5. Adjusted the amp gain just slightly higher and set the x-over from HP to F. Also modified the antena to see if I can get any FM reception, doubtful tho with the SS Amp under the ABS.

Quick Reply: My Road King Audio Setup