Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

better sound from my phone

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 08:16 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts
Default better sound from my phone

Gents, I'm proud to say that I have the UltraNutZ system (Amp and speakers). I just readjusted the gains and momma mia, the sound is insane.

However, I noticed a difference in clarity btwn playing a CD vs. playing music from my phone. Obviously, since I'm connecting my phone via a 3.5mm jack, it's not as powerful as a CD, located within the headunit.

My question to ya'll is, does a connection exist, where I can connect my cell phone (Samsung G3) to the head unit and still get the same power as a CD?

Thank you!

Old 04-08-2013, 06:32 AM
Voldemort
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is your volume all the way up on you phone? Just asking because sometimes my volume on the phone is only up half way because of my ringtone and the sound does not come through the head unit loud enough.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:34 AM
FatDadTwo
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also just installed ultra system. Did it yesterday. I cant get my fairing back on. Did you take any pictures of the inside of your fairing when you finishe. Please help me out

Originally Posted by kryingame
Gents, I'm proud to say that I have the UltraNutZ system (Amp and speakers). I just readjusted the gains and momma mia, the sound is insane.

However, I noticed a difference in clarity btwn playing a CD vs. playing music from my phone. Obviously, since I'm connecting my phone via a 3.5mm jack, it's not as powerful as a CD, located within the headunit.

My question to ya'll is, does a connection exist, where I can connect my cell phone (Samsung G3) to the head unit and still get the same power as a CD?

Thank you!

Old 04-08-2013, 07:02 AM
Sean Maxwell
Advanced

The 3.5mm jacks on the phone is usually not the best when it comes to delivering music to other systems. They are usually optimized and limited for headphones, and I am sure the govt has some say in how much power ( loud sound ) those jacks can deliver, cause none of us are smart enough to protect ourselves from going def with dangerous devices like cell phones. Try a regular iPod or MP3 player with the 3.5mm jack and make sure the volume is all the way up. I assume your head unit does not have usb input.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:23 AM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean Maxwell
The 3.5mm jacks on the phone is usually not the best when it comes to delivering music to other systems. They are usually optimized and limited for headphones, and I am sure the govt has some say in how much power ( loud sound ) those jacks can deliver, cause none of us are smart enough to protect ourselves from going def with dangerous devices like cell phones. Try a regular iPod or MP3 player with the 3.5mm jack and make sure the volume is all the way up. I assume your head unit does not have usb input.
Thanks, the sound is not horrible but there is a difference from CD. I've been using my phone since I can stream and use GPS. But you're right about the iPod--I honestly forgot about it.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:14 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts
Old 04-08-2013, 03:01 PM
blue66
Cruiser

An ipod actually sounds as good or better than CD....Phones suck as they are really not degined around high quality audio.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Strait
Cruiser

My phone sounds fine coming through mine it's not quite as loud as a cd but it is as loud as the fm radio. if your running an I phone you can play with your eq settings in the phone settings itself and maybe get a better sound your looking for.

Edit help if I could flipping READ the OP Samsung G3 ill go back in my hole now as I feel about 2 inches tall.