Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Please ASAP Installing J&M Amp (stumped)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 10:55 AM
mhud
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Please ASAP Installing J&M Amp (stumped)

Currently installing new J&M 4 channel amp and speakers. All speakers using stock wiring for 2013 RGU. Amp installed per instructions but I am stumped on which wiring harness goes where. It looks like they sent harnesses for rear which I'm assuming I don't need. I can't see how to connect the amp to the stock HK, etc. can someone provide me with help here. All I received from J&M is a wiring diagram. Thank you.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Molarman
Cruiser

I thought that amp was plug and play. The should be a harness that plugs into the 23 pin connector and another for the 35 pin connector.

Old 03-30-2013, 01:02 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

do you have the JAMP-500HR06-RCR or the JAMP500HR11-UL

Old 03-30-2013, 01:07 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

you should have a harness that plugs into your existing front speaker wires and then has RCA plugs on the other end of it. that's your front channel inputs for the amp

if you have the larger 35 pin connector on the back of the radio with a stock plug in it, you'll need to remove the 4 speaker wire outputs from it, connect the J&M 4 wires into it, plug it back in.

if you don't have the larger 35pin plug on the back of the radio, then you simply plug that large connector with RCA jacks on the other end into the 35 pin connector on the back of the radio. this is your rear inputs to the amp

Everything should be color matching as for the wires to connect to stock front speakers and rear speaker wires. In your case you'll need to run the rear harness provided by J&M.

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 03-31-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:54 PM
mhud
Road Captain

Thanks guys, I got her done. I didn't realize I had to use all new wire to the speakers and not use the HD main harness at all. I'll let you know how it sounds at 75.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:02 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

What speakers did you end up with?

Old 03-30-2013, 11:38 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

ULTRANUTZ ,,,,,,

I have always been impressed your input and knowledge concerning Harley Bagger audio systems, as I am sure that everyone else here has ,,,,,,

for my own future information, which part of the J&M ROKKER or PERFORMANCE Series amplifiers is not plug-n-play ? ,,,,

Old 03-30-2013, 11:40 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

mhud ,,,,,

Glad you got it going, decent video on one of the installs also here

Old 03-31-2013, 06:49 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
ULTRANUTZ ,,,,,,

I have always been impressed your input and knowledge concerning Harley Bagger audio systems, as I am sure that everyone else here has ,,,,,,

for my own future information, which part of the J&M ROKKER or PERFORMANCE Series amplifiers is not plug-n-play ? ,,,,
easy killer.. lol.. and BTW I appreciate the comments. Means a lot coming from someone like you.

I was simply pointing out that with the different configurations possible some require the use of the 35 pin connector J&M provides, some you have to remove the pins from that connector and insert into an existing connector on the bike. Some configurations you simply tap to the existing rear speaker wires, some you run the new rear wiring harness.

I guess I shouldn't have stated the P&P comment the way I did (edited above post) it was more a comment directed to folks to read the directions in full prior to doing something like this so they fully understand what needs to be done.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:59 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

10-4 ,, no foul, I understand now ,,,,,,

Quick Reply: Help Please ASAP Installing J&M Amp (stumped)