Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Please ASAP Installing J&M Amp (stumped)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 01:09 PM
Tdp1313
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

j m rokkers Rock!

Old 03-31-2013, 02:02 PM
mhud
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the 7.25 front performance speakers and the 5.25 rear performance speakers coupled with 3600 HR11 4 channel amp. As you can tell from my posts I'm not a mechanical genius so this was probably more challenging for me than most. I assumed it would use the existing speaker wiring so I was not anticipating the need to replace or add speaker wiring to all speakers and the directions on the use of all the harnesses was confusing to my non mechanical brain. I've only ridden it about an hour; it's plenty loud and clear at highway speed but I think I need to dial it in a little more to improve fidelity. CD music sounds better than iPod which you would expect.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:01 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

when you talk about high distortion levels, it depends on the music source you are using thru the Harley HK radio ,,,, the CD player is currently the best signal available, (J&M includes a good demo CD in all ROKKER XT series speaker & amp kits) the front panel mounted aux input jack, is second best,,,,,, I am sad to say that the FM stereo, XM radio module or Harley brand $600 iPod module are much less than desirable when it comes to a clean, low distortion signal into the Harley HK radio ,,,,,

on the bright side, I have just finished testing 'J&M’s new digital music player with BLUETOOTH that connects to the AUX input of the Harley HK radio ,,,,, and allows the user to stream music from their Smartphone into the Harley audio system ,,,,,

the user can stream Pandora from the internet using their smartphone and one of our guys here in the shop was streaming a music video down from YouTube using his iPhone, along with watching it on the screen ,,,,, AND the music quality thru the system was just below the CD player, but miles ahead of the XM, Harley iPod or FM stereo radio ,,,,,,,,