Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

onlinecarstereo.com NEVER NEVER AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 10:13 PM
rrcrum
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default onlinecarstereo.com NEVER NEVER AGAIN

Well my attempt to get a pn4.520D has been everyting but enjoyable.

Last week ordered from vendor that showed in stock but did not have. OK try another vendor.

So then I ordered from onliecarstero.com called to ensure they had in stock and received trackiing numer same day. All was good

Received my amp yesterday no speaker conection wires for low level set up:

a. Called yesterday, guy says he will check if they can get from another amp, or if they need to order from soundstream, and email me what the outcome is. (DID NOT HAPPEN)

b. Emailed customer service last night (since I did not hear from them) asked for update (NO REPLY TODAY)

c. 11 am today called customer service 25 min on hold, finally same kid I talked to yesterday answers he tells me yea I remember talking to you yesterday, yea I reminded him he did not update me as he told me he would, his response "my bad".

d. so then he says he ordered harness from soundstream, I ask can you not just take one out of a pn4.320 amp which I know they have it stock. He says yea let me check and I will call you back (THAT DID NOT HAPPEN)

e. 3pm I call back (32min on hold) and ask for update, was told by another so called customer service rep our policy is can not take from another amp, will be 4 days to get required harness from soundstream and then another 5 days to ship UPS from California. Really 9 more days

f. ask can they send expedited or at least send priority mail, Flat out NO response from customer service rep due to cost.

g. Ask to talk to a supervisor (put on hold for 22 min), then "Ok sir I will transfer you" from customer service rep. Transfered went straight to voice mail. REALLY I leave my number and ask them to call me, That was 6 hours ago, NO CALL BACK

Was not looking for a miracle but a honest answer would be nice.

NEVER NEVER Again, Just hope I get the needed wire harness for low level setup, Now all I have is a piece of metal with electrical components installed.

May have to call soundstream direct for a warrenty claim. This has got to get better.

Last edited by rrcrum; 03-12-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:01 PM
deerhunt799
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rrcrum
Well my attempt to get a pn4.520D has been everyting but enjoyable.

Last week ordered from vendor that showed in stock but did not have. OK try another vendor.

So then I ordered from onliecarstero.com called to ensure they had in stock and received trackiing numer same day. All was good

Received my amp yesterday no speaker conection wires for low level set up:

a. Called yesterday, guy says he will check if they can get from another amp, or if they need to order from soundstream, and email me what the outcome is. (DID NOT HAPPEN)

b. Emailed customer service last night (since I did not hear from them) asked for update (NO REPLY TODAY)

c. 11 am today called customer service 25 min on hold, finally same kid I talked to yesterday answers he tells me yea I remember talking to you yesterday, yea I reminded him he did not update me as he told me he would, his response "my bad".

d. so then he says he ordered harness from soundstream, I ask can you not just take one out of a pn4.320 amp which I know they have it stock. He says yea let me check and I will call you back (THAT DID NOT HAPPEN)

e. 3pm I call back (32min on hold) and ask for update, was told by another so called customer service rep our policy is can not take from another amp, will be 4 days to get required harness from soundstream and then another 5 days to ship UPS from California. Really 9 more days

f. ask can they send expedited or at least send priority mail, Flat out NO response from customer service rep due to cost.

g. Ask to talk to a supervisor (put on hold for 22 min), then "Ok sir I will transfer you" from customer service rep. Transfered went straight to voice mail. REALLY I leave my number and ask them to call me, That was 6 hours ago, NO CALL BACK

Was not looking for a miracle but a honest answer would be nice.

NEVER NEVER Again, Just hope I get the needed wire harness for low level setup, Now all I have is a piece of metal with electrical components installed.

May have to call soundstream direct for a warrenty claim. This has got to get better.
Oh Lord....just ordered from them today (and got my tracking number). What are the speaker connection wires for the low level setup? Sorry, I'm a total newb when it comes to audio and just want to make sure the package has everything it's supposed to.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:37 AM
rrcrum
Tourer

Deerhunt

If you plan on hooking up the amp using the RCA plugs there is a small plastic block that must be plugged into the amp so that you have the 8 wires coming out in order to hook up your speakers. It appears that the new style amps have a block on the side of the amp and you would not need.

As long as you have no problem with your order all is OK, Just hope you do not have to contact them for any reason.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:47 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

dang rrcrum.. if it wouldn't be for bad luck you wouldn't have any at all. I have never dealt with them before myself but have heard very good things about them. These kinds of issues are exactly why I pay the extra few bucks and buy through Amazon.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:28 AM
rrcrum
Tourer

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
dang rrcrum.. if it wouldn't be for bad luck you wouldn't have any at all. I have never dealt with them before myself but have heard very good things about them. These kinds of issues are exactly why I pay the extra few bucks and buy through Amazon.
Yes I can say I am learning some online purchasing lessons through this process.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:19 PM
BigD9485
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rrcrum I just got my amp yesterday and mine has the block on the side. If I remember correctly I had a small white connector in the box with some wires connected to it and nothing attached to the other. Is this what you are looking for? if I don't need this harness I can send it to you tomorrow.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

GOOD ON YOU, BigD!

That's what he needs,(2) and it's what makes this forum awesome!

Just sayin'

Beav

Old 03-13-2013, 05:43 PM
rrcrum
Tourer

BigD

That would be awesome and even if it not the same cable that I need your offer is greatly appreciated.

The cable I need is kinda square in shape and will have 8 wires coming out of it, it plugs into the same side as the power, ground and remote.

Here is a picture of the side of the amp, it would go into the speaker slot.

Thank you once again

Attached Thumbnails onlinecarstereo.com NEVER NEVER AGAIN-pn4520d.jpg  
Old 03-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ut oh....

That's the power OUT plug. Ain't the same. Thought you were talking about the two 5 pin input connectors (you don't need the middle wire) on the opposite end of the amp. That changes things a bit. Still good on BigD for trying to help.

Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Beav

Old 03-13-2013, 10:04 PM
rrcrum
Tourer

Thanks for the info Beav, I did receive the two 5 pin connectors but will not be using them I will be using the RCA connectors.

Still never heard back from the vendor or that manager I left the voice mail for, hope they are working on getting me the new cable, just did not have the desire to spend another 30 or min on hold today.

Quick Reply: onlinecarstereo.com NEVER NEVER AGAIN