Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

onlinecarstereo.com NEVER NEVER AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 08:08 AM
BigD9485
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rrcrum, sorry I didn't have a chance to get out to my shop yesterday. I will check on this this afternoon when i get home and see exactly what I have and I will let you know. Sorry about the delay.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:01 PM
rrcrum
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update, contacted SoundStream directly to see if I could get a cable under warranty, and they informed me they no longer stock the cable I need, offered to let me send my amp in for a exchange of the new style, Is that going to work, any have the new style installed yet.

Also followed up with my "Friends" at online care stereo first call to verify if they have any PN4.320 in stock, yes they did.

So then call back to inquire about the status of my cable being sent out, they tell me it will be another week waiting on SoundStream to deliver, I tell them I talk to SoundStream and they no longer have the cables, can they give me one from a PN4.320 (same cable), guy tells me they have none in stock(yea right). Inquire about return sure I can if I pay shipping back WTF why should there mistake cost me a thin dime. Just wish I could get the proper cable since the new one looks longer than old style.

Anyone have a local soundstream guy that may have this, this brand of amp is not sold in this neck of the woods according to a couple local stereo shops.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:10 PM
rrcrum
Tourer

Just realized Ultranutz answered my question a few posts back, he called it a Molex connector. Ding Ding I looked it up and it was a pretty common computer cable so I went to the local computer repair shop bought a 8pin molex block with wires sticking out and it will work colors are not right but that is a minor issue.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:01 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by rrcrum
Yes I can say I am learning some online purchasing lessons through this process.
Sorry to hear about your problems with onlinecarstereo.com. I ordered my Soundstream from them on Monday (March 11th) and when I read your post, I have to admit that I was a little worried. Fortunately, it showed up via UPS this afternoon, so I am in good shape.

Hope everything works out for your RRCRUM!

Old 03-14-2013, 10:10 PM
rrcrum
Tourer

WTR,
Glad it all worked out for you I realize 95% of the time there is not issues, it is just that 5% of the time and a vendor will not back their products. I emailed them about 8 hours ago and was very nice and just asked for a honest update on when and how they will get the missing cable and got no response.

On the positive side using the cable I bought from the computer store worked out and all is hooked up and the stereo ROCKS awesome set up. Got my buddy thinking he needs a upgrade now.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:50 AM
BigD9485
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rrcrum, glad you got everything sorted out!! I went back to my shop and found that I didn't have the connector you were looking for after all. Sorry about that.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:43 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad it worked out ...The last thing that vendors want/need is bad publicity. They make a living by having satisfied customers. Most all vendors will do whatever it takes to make someone happy !!

Old 03-16-2013, 08:23 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by rrcrum
Just realized Ultranutz answered my question a few posts back, he called it a Molex connector. Ding Ding I looked it up and it was a pretty common computer cable so I went to the local computer repair shop bought a 8pin molex block with wires sticking out and it will work colors are not right but that is a minor issue.
that's awesome. do you need the pin locations?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7hyrs42gqa...ire%20Plug.jpg

Old 03-17-2013, 09:50 AM
rrcrum
Tourer

Thanks for the diagram, Ultranutz, I got everything hooked up and the system sounds awesome.

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
that's awesome. do you need the pin locations?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7hyrs42gqa...ire%20Plug.jpg