Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 ULTRA LIMITED speaker upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 AM
DOGCOP
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 ULTRA LIMITED speaker upgrade

I am looking at the Bazooka motorcycle amp kit includes FAST-HD Plug and Play interface cable with OEM connectors that plug directly into the factory Harley Davidson harness, and 4 channel 200W amplifier that can use 2 , it states you can use 2ohm or 4ohm speakers. 2 questions anyone using one of these and i want to hook up hertz 6.5 hcx 165 speakers in the fairing which are 4ohm and leave the tourpack speakers stock for now 2ohm, will this work or do they need to match ohms front and rear. thanks for all the help

Old 03-05-2013, 07:07 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

you'll get more volume out of a 2 ohm speaker than a 4 ohm but with leaving stocks in the rear you'll likely hear those distort a lot quicker than you'll hear those Hertz distort. It's always best to match your speakers to your amp all the way around. If you're going to go with 4 ohm speakers, get all 4 ohms speakers. Check out the Focal, Titan II, Polk, HAT, etc lines. All great speakers.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 AM
DOGCOP
Intermediate
Default 6.5 speakers

i want to change the rear speakers but my understanding is i can only put 5.25 in the stock rear location? i will check out the other speakers you talked about tho, thanks for the input

Old 03-06-2013, 07:43 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

some 6.5" speakers will fit the rear tourpak pods without modification. The Polk MM651 speakers fit perfectly

Old 03-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Greg Anderson
Advanced

I have the Rockford 300x4 amp hooked up in my 2012 ultra limited. I have the stock head unit. What is the best way to power the rear speakers in the tour pack. I am hoping to not have to hack up the harness. Any tricks? I have been searching many of the threads with not much luck. I have kicker 4 ohm speakers.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Anderson
I have the Rockford 300x4 amp hooked up in my 2012 ultra limited. I have the stock head unit. What is the best way to power the rear speakers in the tour pack. I am hoping to not have to hack up the harness. Any tricks? I have been searching many of the threads with not much luck. I have kicker 4 ohm speakers.

Send me a PM with phone number and I can walk you through it.

Carl

Old 03-13-2013, 11:39 PM
Greg Anderson
Advanced

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Send me a PM with phone number and I can walk you through it.

Carl
My pm has not been enabled, or maybe I just can't seem to figure out how to use it. I did a search of Faq's and it looks like it is not enabled. Sorry to jump this thread

Old 03-14-2013, 07:40 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

what speakers are you currently powering with the PBR300x4 sir?

Old 03-14-2013, 08:36 AM
Greg Anderson
Advanced

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
what speakers are you currently powering with the PBR300x4 sir?
I am powering kicker cs series 6 1/2 for the front and just using the deck to power the stock speakers until I figure out a good way to have the amp power the rear speakers, then I might use the Polk speakers for the rear.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:44 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

I am powering kicker cs series 6 1/2 for the front and just using the deck to power the stock speakers until I figure out a good way to have the amp power the rear speakers, then I might use the Polk speakers for the rear.
if you dont' want to cut into any stock harnesses, then simply run a set of speaker wires to the rear pods. It's really easy to remove the fuel tank and run your wires under the tank in the wire tray and to the rear. Once you get back to the rears you can spray a little wd40 into the black wire sheathing going into the tourpak pods and your speaker wires will slide right through them into the pods where you can attach them to your new speakers.

Quick Reply: 2012 ULTRA LIMITED speaker upgrade