Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Audio Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 09:09 AM
LDIReproPhil
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
verified with Hertz that they are in fact 1 watt, 1 meter. So those are very nice specs....
Thanks for the verification!

Old 03-05-2013, 09:20 AM
LDIReproPhil
Advanced

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
Of the guys you ride with that use JL AUdio & Focal,.....which one's sound best to you ??
Well, it's not really comparing apples to apples. The guy with the JL Audio has a 26" 2011 RG Custom that The Chopp Shop in Taylorsville, NC built which he has close to $70,000 in. It has at least 8 speakers, a few amps, etc so it sounds like a kick *** home stereo system. My buddy Greg has 6 focals on his 2007 Street Glide but it's a banging system too, just not to the that extreme. But his new 2012 RG should be done from K-otic Kustoms in Woodstock, GA next week. He's spent close to $3,000 on that system on this new bike, ALL focal speakers, not sure about amps...I'll get to hear it next week. I should have close to $3000 invested in mine as well.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:31 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in the "well over $3K club" myself............... added it up once before, but.....what's the difference !! I know retail, mine's over $5K..............luckily ,.....I found a couple of deals along the way !!

Old 03-06-2013, 02:29 PM
LDIReproPhil
Advanced

Ok, so I've switched amps. Bought the Alpine PDX-F6. evrything else in original post is the same. Picking up painted speaker lids in Marietta this afteronn, taking bike to Alpharetta tomorrow morning. They tell me it will be ready to pickup on Monday. Looks like the total pricetag is just north of $4000. Gonna move the stock ipod dock from the right bag up to the right storage cup (glovebox what HD calls it i think). I'll be able to hook ipod, I-Phone5, and USB flash drive in here.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:34 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW !! How much is the labor ???

The added cost of lids & paint is a lot of $$ too !!!

After all the coin I spent on components, I couldn't afford someone to install it too !!!

Good luck !! You only have to pay once,..............but you'll enjoy it for a lifetime !!

Old 03-06-2013, 05:35 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

You only have to pay once,..............but you'll enjoy it for a lifetime !!
or until someone pulls up on the side of you with something better sounding.. LOL

Old 03-06-2013, 10:27 PM
LDIReproPhil
Advanced

WOW !! How much is the labor ???

The added cost of lids & paint is a lot of $$ too !!!

After all the coin I spent on components, I couldn't afford someone to install it too !!!

Good luck !! You only have to pay once,..............but you'll enjoy it for a lifetime !!
Got lids back today. Guy does good work. Left: stock. Right: Cycle Sounds

Overcast so can't see the metallic

Attached Thumbnails Road Glide Audio Upgrades-image.jpg  
Old 03-07-2013, 08:45 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

so got to thinking about your setup above last night.. went through a couple of things..

Alpine Headunit - $285
Alpine PDX-F6 Amp - $580
Hertz HSK-165XL Speakers - $460 (cheapest I could find was fleabay)
Hertz HCX 690 6x9s - $370 (cheapest I could find)
Cycle Sounds Lids - $360

That's approximately $2k in equipment. Figure another $400 for painting those CVO colors (lids and grills) and another $220 for biketronics kit, that brings you to $2660. You're saying in your last post that you'll be north of $4000 when done.

Man that's some awefully expensive installation pricing if you ask me (which I know you didn't). just sayin...

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 03-07-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:06 PM
LDIReproPhil
Advanced

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
so got to thinking about your setup above last night.. went through a couple of things..

Alpine Headunit - $285
Alpine PDX-F6 Amp - $580
Hertz HSK-165XL Speakers - $460 (cheapest I could find was fleabay)
Hertz HCX 690 6x9s - $370 (cheapest I could find)
Cycle Sounds Lids - $360

That's approximately $2k in equipment. Figure another $400 for painting those CVO colors (lids and grills) and another $220 for biketronics kit, that brings you to $2660. You're saying in your last post that you'll be north of $4000 when done.

Man that's some awefully expensive installation pricing if you ask me (which I know you didn't). just sayin...
Check this man:

Cycle Sounds Lids: $350
Sand/Paint/: $375
Alpine CDE-HD149BT: $300
HSK 165 XL: $550
HCX 690: $350
Alpine PDX F6 $750 (need to check with him on this, he may have been thinking about the JL HD600/4, we were talking about that)
Biketronics Retro Kit: $225 (to use stock controls)
Install: $750
HD Speaker grills: $50 + $25 shipping from Pelham, AL HD: $75

Tax on all this ****: $260

Grand total: $3985 (Now that you forced me to sit down and add it up!) When I added it all up in my head I probably used the retail speaker price quotes I got over the phone, of course when I got to the shop I got a better deal by. Bought speakers from a different shop than the install shop because install shop didn't sell Hertz.

PS: I ain't buying this grade of speaker on "bend over cause your just got ****ed-bay some fake *** knock off speakers". I bought them from an audio shop here in Atlanta where I've got some recourse if ever I need it.

I had an additional cost to line bags with DynaMax and carpet to increase bass when parked but opted out of that one.

Nonetheless, I'm about $4000 in give a few bucks. And trust me, I wish it was lower!!!!

Old 03-07-2013, 01:19 PM
LDIReproPhil
Advanced

Keep in mind I ain't lettin jimbo down the street install this ****. The business doing my bike is the best of the best in North Atlanta. His work is guanteed for life, as long as I own it. I'd do it myself if I didn't have 5 kids running me ragged or a full time retail business. <---this is what I look like on a daily basis

Quick Reply: Road Glide Audio Upgrades