Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagger Nation System for my Ultra Limited

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 04:27 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Bagger Nation System for my Ultra Limited

Hello, I am a audio novice at best but love music while I ride and like it loud and clear. I am looking at this system from bagger nation. Just looking for some opinions and feedback on the setup. Thanks

Here is a link: http://www.baggernation.com/products-stereo.htm

The Bagger Nation Ultra “Supreme” 75EX System Our latestcompleteStereo system catersto loversof UltraClassic Models! This system replaces the stock in fairing speakers with our fantasticPower 6.5” coaxial speakers and also upgradesto tour pack speakerswith Power coaxial 5.25 speakers. Thenew RF 300x4 Amp makes thisan *** kickin’, affordable sound system available foryour Ultra. Each kitincludes(2) 6.5 Rockford Fosgate “Power” coaxial speakers /A set of6.5” Speaker adapters/ (2) 5.25” Rockford Fosgate “Power” coaxial speakers / a Rockford BRT 300x4 amp / Our exclusiveHard mount heatsinkfor the amp and a complete wiring harnessand step by step instructions!. This system will provide you with amazing sound clarityand volume capabilities you’venever heard from a motorcyclesound system! It’s also expandable so if later you wantto add a set ofAudio Lids w/6”x9”s or some 6.5”s to your fairing lowersyou’ll have 2 extra channels on your amp to do it. So ifyou’relooking for some kickass curb appeal for your Ultra Glidesound system or you just simply would liketo be able to rockoutat highway speeds, look no further... The Rockford Ultra Glide Super Stereo will blow you away! Complete wiring harness, hard Amp mountand heat sink and step bystep instructionsincluded! This complete system is exclusively available from Bagger Nation and will blow your mind!

Part #RF300x4-UGSS Bagger Nation UltraSupreme 75EX System Price: $629.95

Each KitIncludes: •Hardware •Mount/Heat Sink •Wiring Harnessand •Step byStep Instructions

Old 10-30-2012, 07:28 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

although parts of the description on this system are more aimed at riders with a 2 speaker setup, the system is well put together. The 6.5" speakers they use (RF) sound great, the amp is a great amp, the rear speakers however I think you should think about.

Here's what I would do.

Rockford PBR300x4 Amp Rockford PBR300x4 Amp
$144
Polk Audio MM651 speakers Polk Audio MM651 speakers
2 pair @ $133
Cycle Sounds 6.5" fairing speaker adapter rings $39

The Polk Audio speakers to my knowledge are the only 6.5" speakers that will drop right into the holes on the rear speaker pods without cutting them but you'll have to drill new mounting holes for the screws.
The amp will mount right on top of the radio without a problem. I would suggest some heavy duty velcro or doublestick tape (most people do this) but if you insist on having a bracket to mount the amp then email scott - ezzell141@comcast.net as he makes a bracket that's a lot cheaper than anyone else's. the wiring is very easy to do and you don't need a pre-fabbed wiring harness. There are lots of folks on here willing to walk you through the installation.

**EDIT**
I just noticed you have an 13' Ultra which means you have at a minimum, a CB module sitting on top of the stock radio now and maybe more depending on your configuration. If you want to keep the CB, you will need a bracket to relocate that below the radio so the amp can be mounted on top of the radio. Scott's bracket does this

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 10-30-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:50 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the info! I had no idea I would have to cut the rear speaker pods. I'm gonna do a little more research.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:51 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

oh.. and although a lot of folks will fuss about the price of this, I think it's worth it in the fairing.

J&M makes an acoustical foam pad that attaches to the inside of your fairing which helps to increase bass response. The set (right and left) are about $45. I've personally tested this pad with the polk mm651 speakers and you definitely get more of a "punch" and tighter bass response with the pads.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:52 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

no sir you do not. What I was saying is any 5.25" speaker will drop right in that rear speaker pod. My point was bigger is better when it comes to audio so if you get a 6.5" that will drop right in there as the Polk MM651s do, then why not go that route. There is no cutting of anything involved.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:56 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

OK, gottcha

Old 11-02-2012, 07:15 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BAD INFO !!

You can't use the Polk Audio AA2651-A MM651 speakers with the RF amp. You have to use 4ohm speakers,.... & the POLKS aren't. The 4 channel RF amp isn't stable below 4ohm. Decent speakers,....but not with this amp.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:22 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Omg I cant believe i put that in there. I know this! Damnit man!! Thanks for pointing that out. Hopefully the purchase hasnt been made

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 11-02-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:28 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

No, gonna order next week. I'm leaning toward the J&M Rokker XT's. Thanks

Old 11-03-2012, 06:42 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

just make sure you either get a 4 channel amp that will handle a 2 ohm load the alpine ktp-445U is a good one or get 2 seperate 2 ohm amps like the PBR300x2

Still can't believe i posted that.. I must have been drinking or sleepy!

Quick Reply: Bagger Nation System for my Ultra Limited