Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Spk Harness

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Rsand
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Spk Harness

Hey guys I have a 2007 electra glide classic and I am trying to add hogtunes rear speaker pods and speakers to the my bike. I went to harley and bought a rear speaker harness but there are some connectors I have no idea what there for. If some one could help I sure would appreciate it. On the harness were it plugs into the radio there is a small square connector off the harness about five inches long. Have no idea what or were the connedctor goes to. At the rear were the speaker pods go there are two small square connectors. I assume that these connectors plug into the oem pods. There is also four wires with small male connectors that I think are speaker wires but not sure. Since I am using the hogtunes pods and speakers I assume that you will not use the square plugs but instead use the four wires with the male connectors to hook into the speakers. The connectors are round so will you haft to cut and splice the speaker female ends on them. Thanks guys just trying to save a little money.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:30 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

i do believe on the EGC, you'll have to bring the bike in and have the HD shop flash it for rear speaker connectivity.

as for the harness itself, you could have saved that $$ and simply ran speaker wires to the rear pods and tied into the harness on the back of the radio.

on the harness itself, the speaker wires colors for the pods are;

Brown - Left Rear +
White/Brown - Left Rear -
Green - Right Rear +
Light Green/Brown - Right Rear -