Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poor distance on CB radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 06:34 PM
cchawg
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdp
A good tranmission line and a tuned antenna (setting the SWR) is very important so you don't fry the finals in the amp.
I understand I need to do a SWR on the CB setup. That wasn't my question. My question: how many watts can a stock HD CB antenna safely handle? Antennas are rated by max wattage they can handle. Does anyone know about stock HD CB antennas?

Old 10-08-2011, 06:37 PM
cchawg
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mdp
Your radio will need tuned up to get the maximum performance out of it. Due to FCC regulations the radio is detuned. I use to tune CB radios and remove the modulation limiters. You can get up to 5 times the power out of a tuned radio.
Can you tell us how you "tuned" CB radios? How do you "remove the modulation limiters"? Where can we find a written procedure for such removal or even a procedure describing the modulation limiters (what they look like, where they are)?

Old 10-08-2011, 06:38 PM
mdp
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cchawg
Can you tell us how you "tuned" CB radios? How do you "remove the modulation limiters"? Where can we find a written procedure for such removal or even a procedure describing the modulation limiters (what they look like, where they are)?
If you disable your modulation limiting circuitry, I suggest doing it in such a way you can reverse the procedure.

I am looking for some good links. I will update as I find more.

http://www.dtbradio.com/tips.html
http://www.nwcbradio.com/mods.htm
http://www.hardtimez99.com/CB%20RADIO%20SECRET/def.html
http://www.freewebs.com/cbmods/

Last edited by mdp; 10-08-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:18 PM
anzac
Intermediate
Default CB Aerial holder, help

Hi,
I brought a new aerial for my bike (electra ultra classic) and when I got home just 60 miles the upright screw/bolt that is attached to the tourpak sheared off, I was lucky that I had just stopped at home. Now the aerial is a bit heaver than my normal bike aerial and if that is the problem is there some sort of clamp I can put on the tourpak to help the screw handle the extra weight, I travel across the country and run into a fair bit of wind.
any advice would be great
thanks

Old 04-01-2014, 12:34 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 97 Likes on 66 Posts

Anybody try this compressor to extend cb range on the factory Harley cb?

QUOTE=motorcyclecommunications;8483609]The device is not a CB amplifier. This is a legal device that uses speech compression technology. The amount of gain is adjustable by the user so compensating for your mikes sensitivity and the drive of your voice is possible.
I have installed and tested 19 of these devices and the results have exceeded my expectations. Check out the video testimonials on my site. Greg (run for the wall) was our first customer. The video was taken several months after the installation of the device.
The unit is about the size of the HD radio and mounts beside it. We give a 1 year warranty on the device, support before and after the sale and offer a 30 day no hassle money back satisfaction policy. I have had no returns, this is over a 14 month period.
We are just now releasing the device to the public. It can be installed by a mechanically inclined individual an requires no special tools or equipment for installation and adjustment. The device sells for $249.95 or $349.95 installed by us.
We are developing a written procedure with illustrations for installation and adjustment in a HD as we speak. This is no gimmick, it is the real thing. I am the lead technician and the head of R&D at Motorcycle Communications. I have been in this line of work for 31 years and have an excellent reputation. You won't be disappointed.

Clay Thompson High Tech Mobile Communications LLC

Video testimonial
http://www.motorcycle-communications...als-video.html[/QUOTE]

Old 12-08-2014, 04:51 PM
lloydsteve
6th Gear
Default What is the Typical Transmitting distance

Hello
i just found this forum. is great.

I wish to get some feedback onto what to expect from a Harley Davidson stock CB Radio. What is the typical transmitting distance for a stock radio with stock antenna? mine is going not too far. How much are you getting? How much have you gotten?