Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD/MP3 Burning help

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Hughey79
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD/MP3 Burning help

Ok so I have searched and read the "cookbook" and other threads. I have a Toshiba laptop. I have converted the files to burn to MPU. Slowed down the burning speed. Tried three discs so far and while I have yet to see if they will play in my bike they will not play in my truck with a JVC KD-HDR50 Cd player. It says to "eject disc". I have a friend who tried the disc in his apple laptop and it plays just fine.
So I am at a loss. Any ideas or help here?

Forgot to add it has Windows 7 for an OS.

Last edited by Hughey79; 04-04-2011 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Added more info
Old 04-05-2011, 07:31 PM
EL in NH
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Try different CDs when you burn....some CD players will not work with certain CDR/Ws. try cds meant for MUSIC I assume when you said you converted them to "mpu" you meant mp3 ??..I looked at the specs and it appears the darn thing even burns cds.....I'd like to know how that works..does it just duplicate a CD you have already or do you have inputs fir ab exterior source ..if so ..you could use your portable computer as the source and burn a cd right in the truck..if it doesnt play those it burns you probably need different CDs or a knew player....just thinking out loud here.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:57 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

Make sure you burn them as "data" discs and not "audio" discs...

Old 04-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your truck most likely does not have a CD player that can play MP3s.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 49,832 Likes on 19,326 Posts

Hughey, I read your post and am confused at to what "Converted to mpu" means. Generally speaking you should be able to create a disc of mp3 songs to play using whatever burning software that you have and presto it plays in your HK Radio. They need to be in the "mp3" format. If your songs have come from I Tunes I believe that they are mp4 format and that format is not compatible. Double check the file type of the songs that you are using and be sure that they are in the mp3 format. It could also be possible that the tunes are protected. Sometimes you can copy the songs to a disc then rip that disc back to you computer and they are no longer protected. Good luck with your problem.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Hughey79
Tourer

Thank you for replying. I was wondering if anyone could help. Okay.. so I tried a different way and I got it to burn as a data cd however even though I put only like 58 songs on the disc only 9 play... why?
The only choice for options in the burn tab are MPU and WPL. For cd rip I have it set on MP3. I have one disc out of 5 left to try but I have all but given up at this point.
I'm frustrated as well because all my cds went with my ex and when she was living with her ex-boyfriend her computer, PS3, and all the cds were stolen by a roommates "friend" so I don't even have the cds to burn again to my computer.
I made the current library off of my mp3 player.
Just want to burn my music to a cd so I can listen to music when I'm out of radio range. Thanks again.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Hughey79
Tourer

Oh and my truck cd player is an after market 2009 model that will plays mp3's and something else. In the truck I dont mind hooking the mp3 player up to the deck but rather not on the bike.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:53 PM
DevilSperm
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Ditch your burning software for something else. I use Nero.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:18 PM
rhino49er
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hughey79
Ok so I have searched and read the "cookbook" and other threads. I have a Toshiba laptop. I have converted the files to burn to MPU. Slowed down the burning speed. Tried three discs so far and while I have yet to see if they will play in my bike they will not play in my truck with a JVC KD-HDR50 Cd player. It says to "eject disc". I have a friend who tried the disc in his apple laptop and it plays just fine.
So I am at a loss. Any ideas or help here?

Forgot to add it has Windows 7 for an OS.
I had the same problem, worked on laptop and truck but only some songs played on bike, my problem was the artwork on the songs. I use Itunes, imported the songs to a playlist, then select each one (PITA) and select get info, then delete the artwork, then burned playlist to a CD as data and used 1x just to make sure, then all songs played afterwards. You can experiment with 1 or 2 like I did to make sure.