Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****J & M ROKKER's INSTALL & REVIEW ****

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 10:40 PM
R K Ryder
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JohnnyBoy,
Read this entire thread today! Very good information and "thank you" for the time and effort involved in writing it all. Noticed that your riding "Bud" is a ham so made me wonder if you are "Ham" as well.

Since you are very much an Audio expert, curious if you had a choice would you prefer a class H amplifier versus a class D amplifier?
Tnx...
R K

Old 07-31-2013, 11:29 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

I see you guys are still picking on class D amplifiers ? ,,,,,, J&Ms work, very well ,,,,,

we also have class G amps with the ROKKER series ,,,,,,,,,

for the CVO harness connections to utilize both amps, take a look at this harness http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....=JAMP-RCA-UCVO and this video

Old 08-01-2013, 01:53 PM
R K Ryder
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Class H vs Class D

JMJOHN,

If I were selling Class D Amps, I would say they worked very well also.

I simply would like to know from "JohnnyBoy" his opinion on which one he would prefer given a choice. I'm not picking on either. Obviously he's pretty astute when it comes to Audio. So from my observation point, I would respect his experience and evaluation. I'm not rich or famous, so when I ferret out quality information then I feel I can make a very sound decision before spending my very hard earned money.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:17 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Johnny Boy probably knows more about sound and audio performance than anyone hereon this forum knows ,,,,,,

if my memory is correct (((you will excuse me if I am old and fat now)) Johnny boy has a CVO Ultra and is using J&M speakers connected to the stock Harley CVO Ultra amplifier ,,,,,

which IS a decent amplifier by the way ,,,,,,,,

either one of the J&M 7.25" speaker kits should work well on the CVOs ,,,,,,

Old 08-02-2013, 07:54 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
I see you guys are still picking on class D amplifiers ? ,,,,,, J&Ms work, very well ,,,,,

we also have class G amps with the ROKKER series ,,,,,,,,,

not too sure what you're reading but no one is saying anything about Class D amps other than FM interference which is inherent to the design itself and has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with a brand. Everyone says their Class D amps are better than the other Class D amps in reference specifically to the FM/EMI issue only to find out after the fact that's not the case. If the J&M/ARC amp doesn't produce EMI/FM interference it will be the first on the market that I know of to not do so and you will stand to make a small fortune if priced accordingly.

Class D amps IMO are far superior to be used on these bikes for several reasons:
  • Lots of power crammed in a small footprint
  • low distortion rates
  • Economical, at least aftermarket amps are.
  • very low current draw compared to some other classes of amps which leads to #4
  • very little heat.
I believe R K Ryder simply asked JohnnBoy his opinion on Class H amps vs Class D amps with nothing else said. Each have their own unique characteristics and both are quality designs. People who either know what they're talking about and want to know another's EXPERIENCED opinion, or have no clue what they're talking about and still want to know another's EXPERIENCED opinion simply seek answers.

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 08-02-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:49 PM
UltraWalt
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
not too sure what you're reading but no one is saying anything about Class D amps other than FM interference which is inherent to the design itself and has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with a brand. Everyone says their Class D amps are better than the other Class D amps in reference specifically to the FM/EMI issue only to find out after the fact that's not the case. If the J&M/ARC amp doesn't produce EMI/FM interference it will be the first on the market that I know of to not do so and you will stand to make a small fortune if priced accordingly.

Class D amps IMO are far superior to be used on these bikes for several reasons:
  • Lots of power crammed in a small footprint
  • low distortion rates
  • Economical, at least aftermarket amps are.
  • very low current draw compared to some other classes of amps which leads to #4
  • very little heat.
I believe R K Ryder simply asked JohnnBoy his opinion on Class H amps vs Class D amps with nothing else said. Each have their own unique characteristics and both are quality designs. People who either know what they're talking about and want to know another's EXPERIENCED opinion, or have no clue what they're talking about and still want to know another's EXPERIENCED opinion simply seek answers.
Well said UN. That's why most of us are on the forums is seek advice and experience of others to make a good decision for ones needs.