Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

75W x 4ch Rockford Fosgate Amp announced at CES (smaller than ARC Mini)

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Nexus9
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone know of any good, small, high-current amps out there...?

Last edited by Nexus9; 02-19-2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: correction
Old 02-12-2011, 07:00 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like John @ J & M will be offering his soon.

A shame that none of the " Big Name " companies think that the motorcycle community is a large enough audience to develope a product to fit the needs of the bagger nation.

That's why I gave up some of my tour pack space, to have a couple of "highly touted" high end audio amps.

However, some companies are starting to see the need, and more products are being offered.

John from J & M was the only motorcycle audio company at the Motorcycle show in Cleveland 2 weeks ago. I thought that maybe somebody else might show..........................

Old 02-15-2011, 10:43 PM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexus9
It hurts to write this, but I need to make a correction. I had measured out the Crunch amp shape and calculated a fit behind my Ultra fairing, but when it arrived, it didn't fit! The length is actually about 3/8" longer than published (the shape is very different from the photo on the front of the box - I'm wondering is they've recently upgraded it?) and it has "feet" extending out even further (not accounted for in the published specs), it pushed the top front edge right into the fairing. There was a good 1/2" gap at the bottom of the fairing when I tried to close it up, and I'm not going to try to screw that into shape.
It's possible that if I cut off the feet and also cut off the CB mounting bracket from the top of the H/K unit it would slide back far enogh to fit - but if I'm wrong, I won't be able to return the amp.
I hate eatin crow, but I've got to be responsible for my posts, and I wouldn't want anyone going out and buying the latest version of this amp and then learning the same thing I did.
So now, I'm back to my original question: anyone know of any good, small, high-current amps out there...?
Like a big D*** A$$ i got so excited to find the amp you were describing for 67 bucks that i ordered it before reading your last post! O well i've wasted that much or more on bad beer!

Old 02-15-2011, 10:58 PM
StreetGlide75
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For 67.00 I'd cut it to fit just sayin

Old 02-15-2011, 11:32 PM
coolerman69
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by StreetGlide75
For 67.00 I'd cut it to fit just sayin
Oh i definitely will. My ultra cb is not used anyway so it can go. If i still have trouble i'll install it in my 05 eg classic which has a sony head unit with 6.25 kickers. I'll be the guinea pig and keep you guys posted.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:11 PM
angelrod
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you guys have a road glide JL jx 400/4 will fit inside the faring post pics. Tomorrow

Old 02-17-2011, 05:53 PM
coolerman69
Road Warrior

The only way to make the crunch 600 fit is to take out your tach and speedo or cut a big hole in your front faring! This thing is HUGE!

Old 02-18-2011, 11:47 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Price increase on RF

I also noticed as previously said that the price went up. Then started looking for someone close to me to buy it from on the RF site. Max distance from your zip is either 25 or 50 miles, regaurdless, living in the booneis has advantages and disadvantages. I finally found one by putting in a zip for chicago. I called and the guy I talked to knew nothing more than the site info. I told him i was curious about price and he didn't know that yet either. Just a small update for what it was worth....
Kris

Old 02-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Nexus9
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts
Default retribution

Originally Posted by coolerman69
Like a big D*** A$$ i got so excited to find the amp you were describing for 67 bucks that i ordered it before reading your last post! O well i've wasted that much or more on bad beer!
Coolerman,
This is going to sound weird, but my integrity is worth more to me than a couple of bucks. PM me your shipping address and I will ship you a good 75 watt amp, one of which I just completely installed above my HK head unit and hooked up to a couple of Biketronics speakers.

I know, it's weird, but I feel directly responsible for you having shelled out almost 70 bucks for nothing, and I'll feel much better if I'm accountable for my mistake and solve it. You okay with that?

Old 04-12-2011, 03:22 PM
ThaGlyde
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any updates?

Quick Reply: 75W x 4ch Rockford Fosgate Amp announced at CES (smaller than ARC Mini)