Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CB Module Testing.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 07:15 AM
ParaGrunt
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB Module Testing.....

Is there anyone who can test a CB module? Trying to get one to work and the HK head unit is not recognizing it at all. I integrated a NUOH into an existing Boom intercom harness but still no joy. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I have the Boom Audio Music & Intercom (BAMI) kit, 77108-09, with the CB module installed on my bike and used the NUOH, 70169-06, per the instructions. Everything works as intended.

I'm not sure what you have done when you say you "integrated" the NUOH.

With the BAMI kit on my bike, the NUOH has two "in-put" connections (one for the 35 wire connector on the back of the HK radio, and the other "out-put" (labeled "interconnect" which connects to the bike's 6B connector. The BAMI kit (rider headset, passenger controls, etc.) and the CB module connect to the designated connectors on the NUOH.

The HK recognizes the presence of the CB via the CAN + and - wires to the pinouts of the radio; and, the CB gets its power and ground via the 6B connector/"interconnect" connection.

If you haven't connected the "interconnect" connector to the 6B connector, your CB module won't have power and the HK headunit won't know it's there.

If you have the NUOH properly connected at the back of the HK and 6B connector, the module may be bad. In that case, contact Clay's Radio (just google the name) as they're very knowledgeable about HD's CB. A simpler approach would be to have a dealer or a buddy plug your CB module into an '06 or newer Ultra.

Let us know what you have and what you find out.

If you have the BAMI kit, 77107-09, (the one for intercom only) and are adding the CB to it, let us know--there's quite a bit of difference in the wiring involved in adding CB if that's what you have on your bike.

Carl

Old 01-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

CAN + is slot 13, and
CAN - is slot 14 of the NUOH/pinouts of the HK.

In the 6B connector, the red/orange wire in slot 3 is power, and black/green wire in slot 6 is the ground.

Good luck with your solution.

Carl

Old 01-10-2011, 01:04 PM
ParaGrunt
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I did was took my Boom audio kit (intercom only) and using the schematic, integrated the NUOH into it. Interconnect included. Using my multimeter, power is going to the module. Radio does not recognize the CB. I get the "see dealer" prompt on the head unit. I will double check all pinouts again to make sure.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

If you don't solve your issue quickly, post your situation in the Touring section; you'll get way more views since that's where 99% of these questions are posted; the Audio forum being a new feature and not nearly as much activity as a result.

Good luck.

Carl