Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed w/ pics--HD Boom Audio Music and Intercom Kit (on '04 Electra Glide)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 07:54 AM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

It also appeared last night that the intercom was active. My headset cords are at an indy waiting for my antenna to come in before I pick it all up. I'll let you know for sure when I do.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior

Finished the install a few minutes ago.....ITS *(&(*^^%#@@ cold outside here!!

I confirmed that the intercom does work. Actually got the wife to freeze for a few minutes while we tested it. The hardest part was getting the overlay harness in the right spot so I could get the fairing back on. I had to go to your CVO forum post about it and look at the way you had it run. HELPED me ALOT!!

PROPS ONCE AGAIN!!

Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Stang951,

Congrats on the installation and having a working intercom w/o having to go to the dealer and paying the $50 dowload fee.

You're welcome for any help the original thread provided as well as the cvo forum pics/write-up.

If you're inclined, snap a couple of pics and describe the installation on your bike. If it's an '06 SG, it will confirm that the kit can be adapted to that model year even if the fitment infor says it's for '07 and newer.

If your bike's '08 and newer, you can provide a nice (shorter) description than mine (i.e. w/o the '04 wiring, etc. stuff).

Besides, as long as this thread is, I'm not sure how many folks will go through it to find your successful installation.

Carl

Old 02-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior

Your probably right. I wish I had taken pics of the install process, but it was tool cold to take breaks the last couple of nights. Next time I take things down I'll take some pics of inside of the fairing.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

As for routing the NUOH, I progressively improved the routing over a period of a few weeks when I would remove the fairing for one reason or another and continue to adjust the NUOH and other wiring getting to the point where I can place the outer fairing against the inner fairing with virtually no interference; before I got to that point I went through several routings from heavy interference to less and less interference.

Also, I had mounted the Arc 125.2 amp atop the CB module and an empty module mounted next to it, thought I was done, only to find out that the outer fairing would not go on the bike with the amp mounted atop the modules.

Take some pics when you can and start a thread on your installation; I'm sure you'll get a lot of views and comments/questions.

Carl

Old 05-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Updated the thread's first post to show an alternative location for mounting the rider headset connector using the left side mid-frame heat deflector on an SESG2 shown in this thread:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=62448.0

Carl

Old 05-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior

That is a pretty trick location. I will have to see if I can do something similar in my RJ's, or come up with something comparable.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:31 AM
rjmij
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old post that is still helping

Okay, thanks for all the posts, they have helped. I am down to the one thing that I did not find an answer to.

Speaker Switch, next to the ignition. Put it in but no wiring directions. I looked in the service manual, but was unsuccessful. I will try again.

Am i suposed to plug them into the main radio plug(harness)?

Yes, I know didn't happen without pictures. here is one (hopefully).

While I had it apart, I decided to put new handle-bars. BTW No HD dealer near me (Germany) to assist. I am taking a day trip (6 hours away) to flash the radio when all is done.

Rick

Happy 4th of July

Old 07-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Here are the speaker wire assignments; the numbers refer to the numbers embossed in the 12 wire connector under the fairing cap:

Orange/Blue 9
Violet/Orange 10
Brown/Orange 11
Black/Green To Cruise Switch/12

Good luck with your project.

Carl

Old 07-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Stang951
Road Warrior

Pingman you beat me to it once again.

RJ I had the same problem. I don't know why Harley does not supplement or change the directions to include that information. Hopefully you wont have to flash the radio. I did not have to, everything worked fine after assembly. And I did confirm with the dealer that I got the bike from that the radio was never swapped out of my bike so that the theory that maybe I had an Ultra radio swapped in was dispelled.

Quick Reply: Installed w/ pics--HD Boom Audio Music and Intercom Kit (on '04 Electra Glide)