Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed w/ pics--HD Boom Audio Music and Intercom Kit (on '04 Electra Glide)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 09:39 PM
BillyG0856
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great write-up....Thanks Carl!

Still considering making the change to the same setup. Im subscribing.

Billy G

Old 07-11-2010, 01:14 AM
Darrell433
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great write up

[quote=Harleypingman;6981773]
Originally Posted by RescueMedic1

I reorganized my pictures in photobucket. When the pictures were moved within photobucket, the links were changed.

The thread has been edited to add back in the pictures.

As I mentioned in the original thread, installation of the BAMI kit will be very easy on a 2010 model. The CB module just sits on top of the HK and plugs into the non-Ultra overlay harness.

You can go to HD's website and download pdf versions of the installation instructions for the BAMI kit and CB.

Good luck with your project.

Carl
The pictures and the detail that you went to in your project and too share it with everyone is great!!!!!

Old 08-08-2010, 10:38 PM
cmezz
5th Gear

I read this thread last week and went and ordered the same kit. Thank you for sharing this information.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks for the props on the thread. Posts showing pictures, part nos., tools required, and descriptions of "how to" install various accessories, motor work, etc. are by far my favorites. And figuring out how to adapt a kit like this that HD says is for '07 and newer models to my '04 bike adds some challenge and enjoyment for me.

Granted it takes a little more time to take the pictures, but I do it to take a break; and, typing up the information to share is a big part of forum participation for me and others.

Glad to report that everything works as intended nine months after the installation.

Carl

Old 10-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Robb471
Novice

Great write up. I was torn between the Road Glide Ultra and the Custom. In the end the Sedona Orange won!!

Will be adding the CB thanks to your write up. The question I have is can I order the Road Glide Ultra Tank insert for the CB plug to give it more of a factory look?

This is what I was looking at using -

Console pod assembly 77136-08 $90

What do you think, will it just fit into my FLRTX tank console?

Thanks again for the write up...

Old 10-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

I'm not familiar with the tank consoles with the CB headset connector feature generally, or the FLTRU specifically.

Check an HD 2011 Touring parts book for the FLTRU console; that should identify what you need.

Carl

Old 02-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey Harleypingman...did you wire in the speaker switch?

Old 02-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Stang951
Hey Harleypingman...did you wire in the speaker switch?
Yes; it's a simple installation in the fairing cap and the wire locations are easily located and installed per the instructions.

Carl

PS: The installation of this kit basically replicates the CB/intercom system on an Ultra minus the passenger's control for mode selection.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Unless there was a revision, my instructions didnt say what to do with the speaker switch. I did find the wiring diagram in the Service Manual and wired it to the AMP Multiplug though.

Once again PROPS to you. That write up helped me get almost everything done in about 2.5 hours. Just have to tighten everything up after my antenna gets here.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Stang951
Unless there was a revision, my instructions didnt say what to do with the speaker switch. I did find the wiring diagram in the Service Manual and wired it to the AMP Multiplug though.

Once again PROPS to you. That write up helped me get almost everything done in about 2.5 hours. Just have to tighten everything up after my antenna gets here.
I didn't realize you were asking for the source of the information that I used to install the speaker switch; I thought you were asking if it had or had not been installed. I checked my file (installing this on an '04 bike with a radio introduced in '06 for a kit intended for '07 and newer required some notes and copies of wiring diagrams) and it seems I used info from a 2007 Service Manual.

You're right; the BAMI kit doesn't say how to install the speaker switch or the left side handlebar switches included in the kit and refers to the service manual for those instructions. That's a bad habit of HD's when selling kits like this and comes as an unpleasant surprise to many, myself included, when we buy an accessory that comes with instructions that are incomplete w/o the service manual.

Congrats on a successful insallation.

Carl

Quick Reply: Installed w/ pics--HD Boom Audio Music and Intercom Kit (on '04 Electra Glide)