Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed w/ pics--HD Boom Audio Music and Intercom Kit (on '04 Electra Glide)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 11:20 PM
rick3103
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought my boom audio kit today. I think I can get thru the electrical install but not sure about how to remove the tank. Would love to have some info on both if you know or can direct me. I really have enjoyed my 09 street glide!!
E-mail...ricksharley@hotmail.com
Thanks Rick

Old 11-19-2009, 11:57 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, Carl you outdid yourself. Thanks for an excellent writeup and the pictures are very informative when trying to follow the process. Well done.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:13 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Rick, you have a PM.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:13 AM
shredsurf
Road Master

That's an amazing write up!!

Old 11-22-2009, 03:42 PM
ttrax
4th Gear

I also have an 04 FLHT and am in the process of changing the gauges out for Dakota Digitals gauge package. WHile at the same time I want to put a stereo in since it has never had one. Any info on the gas tank removal and oil temp sensor along with audio recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Q Hog
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once again Pingman, great mod and post..

Old 11-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by ttrax
I also have an 04 FLHT and am in the process of changing the gauges out for Dakota Digitals gauge package. WHile at the same time I want to put a stereo in since it has never had one. Any info on the gas tank removal and oil temp sensor along with audio recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
The best thing I ever bought for my bike was the HD Service Manual. I'm not a tech of any kind, but I can read and follow directions pretty well. Unless you already know torque specs; how to disassemble and, more importantly, reassemble correctly, harnesses, connectors, etc.; and the many other aspects of working on your bike, a service manual is essential.

Audio recommendations are pretty simple: check biketronics.com and hawg-wired.com for interface modules and installation kits for using almost any automotive stereo in your FLHT and have handlebar controls of the stereo.

Gas tank removal is pretty simple but a pita due to the crossover gas line that must be disconnected. The service manual has a procedure to minimize gas spillage. Many buy the Herko quick disconnect fuel line and install it to minimize the issues with the crossover line for future gas tank removals.

Carl

Old 07-10-2010, 03:49 PM
RescueMedic1
4th Gear
Default Adding a CB to a 2010 Street Glide

[quote=Harleypingman;5795654](Lengthy post due to the installation of this kit on my '04 Electra Glide. HD fitment information says this kit is for '07 and newer fairing models, but is very easily adapted for '06 fairing models, and only slightly more difficult on my '04. Don't know if it can be modified to work on older bikes than '04.)

Do you still have the pictures that were included with the original post? Maybe due to the age of the post the pictures are no longer available.
Do you think it would be that much different installing the CB on a 2010 SG FLHX? I would lie to do it and make it look as "factory" as possible.

Thanks. I would have PM you but I have not found that option in the forum yet.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

[quote=RescueMedic1;6981537]
Originally Posted by Harleypingman
(Lengthy post due to the installation of this kit on my '04 Electra Glide. HD fitment information says this kit is for '07 and newer fairing models, but is very easily adapted for '06 fairing models, and only slightly more difficult on my '04. Don't know if it can be modified to work on older bikes than '04.)

Do you still have the pictures that were included with the original post? Maybe due to the age of the post the pictures are no longer available.
Do you think it would be that much different installing the CB on a 2010 SG FLHX? I would lie to do it and make it look as "factory" as possible.

Thanks. I would have PM you but I have not found that option in the forum yet.
I reorganized my pictures in photobucket. When the pictures were moved within photobucket, the links were changed.

The thread has been edited to add back in the pictures.

As I mentioned in the original thread, installation of the BAMI kit will be very easy on a 2010 model. The CB module just sits on top of the HK and plugs into the non-Ultra overlay harness.

You can go to HD's website and download pdf versions of the installation instructions for the BAMI kit and CB.

Good luck with your project.

Carl

Last edited by Harleypingman; 07-10-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:49 PM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very good and informative post. Thank you for taking the time to post that for all of us.

Quick Reply: Installed w/ pics--HD Boom Audio Music and Intercom Kit (on '04 Electra Glide)