Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Audio to a Sport Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2023, 01:37 PM
Jobu
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adding Audio to a Sport Glide?

Have a Kuryakyn/MTX Soundbar mounted to my bars behind the windscreen and want to add lowers with speakers and tour pack with dual 8" lid.

Planning to use the soundbar to control everything, it works decent but can't really hear on the highway at 65+ mph but the control side seems to work well with Bluetooth and the 3.5mm output to go to an amplifier and /or DSP.

This will be done in steps and acquiring parts (as money is available).

Will also say I'm an old car/home audiophile person and I have read a lot of posts on here and many varying opinions on brands of speakers and sound.

I have installed a crash bar with lower fairings with speaker cut outs (bought a cheap set off Amazon since they need to be modified to fit)... debating on what speakers to put in the lowers.

I would really like to install some pro audio coax speakers with horns, but they all seem too deep from what I have measured (don't really like the look or thought of a spacer). A few individuals have said the Cerwin Vega Ph654's will fit.?

I have seemed to narrow down my choices to the following options; Cerwin Vega PH654's, Ground Zero GZCF 6.5SPL-Neo, DB DriveWDX6MOTO-G2 or the Hertz SX165 Neo. Plan on running a Soundigital EVOX2 400.4 bridged to them (up to 200 watts per speaker) or a Soundigital EVOX2 800.4 stereo (130 watts) and use the other 2 channels later on the tour pack (I could bridge the 800.4 (400 watts) to them but think that may be too much power).

When I add the tour pack with dual 8" lid (with 8" midbass and horn tweeter more than likely) I will add a DSP to the system and another amplifier.

Just wanted to get some opinions on the lowers fairing speakers since I seem kind of limited on options. I want a good sounding system that I can hear traveling down the interstate!

Thanks in advance

Old 08-31-2023, 03:03 PM
Jobu
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just came across the new Precision Power MAS.652HT, anyone have any experience with these? They are a horn coax with under 70mm depth and 2 ohm.