Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What has to be done to a gts radio to get it to work in a 18 cvo road glide? Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 04:00 PM
Indyrider35
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What has to be done to a gts radio to get it to work in a 18 cvo road glide? Anyone?

I'm trying to get my gts to work in my 2018 fltrxse , guy I got it from says he had it in a 16 road glide and was flashed for an aftermarket amp, I currently have the boom system with just the front speakers switched out.

Everything working with my 6.5 gt just fine . I have no sound when I hook up the gts , trying to get Android auto and sound to work. Anyone done this before to a cvo specifically?

Old 02-16-2023, 06:10 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,033 Likes on 706 Posts

If it is powering up, and not giving a pop up message saying "its not compatible..." after you get it all installed, you probably just need to head to a dealer and get it programmed for your bike's configuration (speakers, amp, Sirius, etc).

Last edited by Ssitruc; 02-16-2023 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-17-2023, 11:44 PM
Indyrider35
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ssitruc
If it is powering up, and not giving a pop up message saying "its not compatible..." after you get it all installed, you probably just need to head to a dealer and get it programmed for your bike's configuration (speakers, amp, Sirius, etc).

Thanks for the response. Everything is powering up and working besides sound. I don't think it's telling the amp to turn on. I've been to two dealers and neither could program correctly. Trying to find out if anyone had done it and the process it would take. Hopefully to help the dealer figure it out lol

Old 02-18-2023, 09:04 AM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

That is exactly what mine did at first, no beeping, just no sound at all. Programmed it for the amp and speakers I have installed... then all was good. I thought CVO's had fairing and saddlebag speakers (4)... and amps(2), Stage II maybe? They'll need to know your exact setup to program it right, or pick the right "flash", but it wouldn't seem it would too hard to figure out if it is a stock setup. Have they tried a "Pre-Calibration Reset", before they hooked up to program it, then just pick the speaker/amp arrangement that they would use on any other 2018 CVO with factory set up? If it worked with the GT, the GTS is not the problem unless it is bad, just needs set up right.

Curious what your actual set up is, Boom Stage II - 4 speakers - 2 amps - all HD stuff?

Old 02-18-2023, 10:41 AM
Indyrider35
Intermediate

That is exactly what mine did at first, no beeping, just no sound at all. Programmed it for the amp and speakers I have installed... then all was good. I thought CVO's had fairing and saddlebag speakers (4)... and amps(2), Stage II maybe? They'll need to know your exact setup to program it right, or pick the right "flash", but it wouldn't seem it would too hard to figure out if it is a stock setup. Have they tried a "Pre-Calibration Reset", before they hooked up to program it, then just pick the speaker/amp arrangement that they would use on any other 2018 CVO with factory set up? If it worked with the GT, the GTS is not the problem unless it is bad, just needs set up right.

Curious what your actual set up is, Boom Stage II - 4 speakers - 2 amps - all HD stuff?
Thanks for the response, it's basically all stock except I had sinister sound replace the front speakers cause they kept blowing. But everything still working with the old radio! I will suggest they do the pre calibration reset. And then ask if there is a stage 2 flash.

What they said was it was not giving them the option for the 4 speaker set up. Might be do to not resetting it because from what I was told it was flashed already for an aftermarket system. The guy I got it from had it working on a 16.

Old 02-18-2023, 08:49 PM
Stopit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,044 Likes on 551 Posts

I bought a used GTS from a 2020 for my 2014 , mine came up not compatible , NVS Audio got mine unlocked , flashed ,and Apple Car Play / Android Auto activated for me.

Old 02-19-2023, 08:46 AM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Indyrider35
Thanks for the response, it's basically all stock except I had sinister sound replace the front speakers cause they kept blowing. But everything still working with the old radio! I will suggest they do the pre calibration reset. And then ask if there is a stage 2 flash.

What they said was it was not giving them the option for the 4 speaker set up. Might be do to not resetting it because from what I was told it was flashed already for an aftermarket system. The guy I got it from had it working on a 16.
Hmmmmm, that's unusual And probably where the problem lays. I am by no means an audio expert, but.... when I mess with mine, it gives me so many options to choose from, even ones that are not actually for my configurations. For example, like in the pic below... I do not know what the proper flash is for a Stage II, but seems like a Dealer should know, or have someone they could call (MFG)... and you'd be done. They sell and make bikes with Stage II, they have to have the flash for them...

Old 02-19-2023, 08:57 AM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Stopit
I bought a used GTS from a 2020 for my 2014 , mine came up not compatible , NVS Audio got mine unlocked , flashed ,and Apple Car Play / Android Auto activated for me.
Just curious, did you ship your head unit to them?
It is very doable to correct it, if you get the "Not Compatible" message, just a little bit more of a pain. The Op is a step beyond that, he just needs the right flash for his configuration, I believe. But somebody like Carlos, or probably most of the Audio Gurus on here could tell the Op what specific flash is needed for his Stage II set up... I mean its a HD system Stage II system, being programmed by an HD employee, using HD's Digital Tech... its got to be there

The following users liked this post:
Stopit (02-19-2023)
Old 02-19-2023, 09:52 AM
Stopit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,044 Likes on 551 Posts

Just curious, did you ship your head unit to them?
It is very doable to correct it, if you get the "Not Compatible" message, just a little bit more of a pain. The Op is a step beyond that, he just needs the right flash for his configuration, I believe. But somebody like Carlos, or probably most of the Audio Gurus on here could tell the Op what specific flash is needed for his Stage II set up... I mean its a HD system Stage II system, being programmed by an HD employee, using HD's Digital Tech... its got to be there
I bought a system from Carlos and he had me ship my head unit to him, it was still saying not compatible so I had to send it back to him a 2nd time , works perfectly now.

Old 02-20-2023, 05:40 PM
Indyrider35
Intermediate

Thanks for all the responses , I have not seen any not compatible messages pop up. Everything is working besides no sound. I'm going to have them do a pre calibration reset and try again. Any other advice would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: What has to be done to a gts radio to get it to work in a 18 cvo road glide? Anyone?