Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound Stream HDHU 14+ BT issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2023, 11:46 AM
Rik E Ric (DJ RUKUS)
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Sound Stream HDHU 14+ BT issues

Installed the Reserve HDHU 14+ and I get horrible noise when Blue Tooth is on. Like an old school modem. I tried with as local friend (also on the forum) to swap with another radio and the same thing. 3 radios all do the same. (1) did a little less. We did software updates as well.

I've connect to different phones even. We used (2) different bikes. Completely different audio set ups.

Thoughts?

Old 02-13-2023, 07:35 PM
2017M8
Tourer
Veteran: Navy
Received 166 Likes on 108 Posts

Did you get this resolved?

Old 02-13-2023, 09:10 PM
Rik E Ric (DJ RUKUS)
Advanced

No. Customer service has "escalated" the issue. I have now had (2) more bikes with different setups have the same issue. Most people don't use BlueTooth with big audio as it is a lower sound quality so it looks like this has just gone unnoticed.

Old 02-23-2023, 09:00 PM
Rik E Ric (DJ RUKUS)
Advanced

Still nothing. Just did work on another bike and same issue. 100% stock besides the radio (prior to the work I did). Tried BT with it still stock and same issue. No answer from Cust Srvc.

Old 03-17-2023, 12:01 PM
Rik E Ric (DJ RUKUS)
Advanced

Customer service suggest "Don't use BT". SMH

Old 03-17-2023, 05:29 PM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 445 Likes on 385 Posts

Shoot these days if any head unit can't function properly with bluetooth audio it is pure junk.

I wondered about that Soundstream unit when it came out. There was a distinctive lack of specifications listed. Compare that to Rockford who gives you every spec you could possibly want on their head unit for the 98-13 bikes.

The following users liked this post:
Rik E Ric (DJ RUKUS) (03-20-2023)
Old 10-21-2023, 03:37 PM
2017M8
Tourer

Originally Posted by Rik E Ric (DJ RUKUS)
Customer service suggest "Don't use BT". SMH
Was there ever a resolution to your BT Noise,,, I have a HUM @ low volume with and without Android auto in use / Bluetooth. It is quite noticeable. Does not have a sound when on mute.

Pricey Radio for SoundStream not to use BT

Old 10-21-2023, 05:41 PM
hamah
Road Warrior
Received 373 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by 2017M8
Was there ever a resolution to your BT Noise,,, I have a HUM @ low volume with and without Android auto in use / Bluetooth. It is quite noticeable. Does not have a sound when on mute.

Pricey Radio for SoundStream not to use BT
curious, do you often listen to your radio at low volume? How does it sound at higher volume when you're riding?

Old 10-22-2023, 06:28 AM
17' SGS
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It would be nice to know if this was ever resolved. I have the HDHU 14si use Bluetooth with my Samsung Android with zero issues.

Old 10-24-2023, 06:09 AM
2017M8
Tourer

Originally Posted by hamah
curious, do you often listen to your radio at low volume? How does it sound at higher volume when you're riding?
I don't usually listen at low volume, But the noise is concerning due to the fact something else is going on. My Sony 5000 did not have this noise at all.
Jay from Volunteer said " If you have noise simply with audio paused or volume all the way down that goes away with just a few clicks of volume up than you are likely just experiencing floor noise, which is the system picking up electrical interference from the bike.
I do have all winter to figure it out, but again a new radio at that price point should not pick up "floor noise" from the CAN Bus system. This radio was designed for Harleys with this CAN Bus system supposedly.
I have swapped RCA's, disconnected the brake light modulator, ran another ground to the battery and frame, separated all the wiring under the fairing as to not run power along speaker wire, all power points are tight, disconnected XM module, removed Mic, disconnected Dynojet
cable, removed power cables from the amps 1 at a time and noise persists in the speakers while the opposite amp is on, disconnected antenna and moved cable away from the radio, removed the USB phone cord, I have a brand new factory USB cable coming from the radio.
Other than that the radio works, having a Buzz or Hum coming through your speakers while at a low level or on Mute usually is a sign of an issue in the electronics world, Unless you are looking for feedback from your Marshall stacks and your Stratocaster.

Quick Reply: Sound Stream HDHU 14+ BT issues